Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > GearHeadPeter

Conversation Between GearHeadPeter and fugimo
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. fugimo
    09-03-2010 07:03 PM
    fugimo
    Thanks, I am looking into finding a place that will do sound deadening in the entire car, just so when I go down the road I don't hear anything but cabin noise. I have heard about the spray on stuff, but want to use that if the interior deadening does not get it as quiet as I am hoping for.

I have a 3 year plan for the car, so I am sure a lot of things will be changing by the time I finish up with everything
  2. GearHeadPeter
    09-03-2010 06:36 PM
    GearHeadPeter
    Hey Kevin, sorry to hear about the noise from the Cherry bombs. If the sound is coming from the floor boards in the passenger cabin you might have to use the Fatman in there as well. The other thing you can try if that doesn't work is use a product called LizardSkin, http://www.lizardskin.com/ as it is used on street and hot rods to keep them quiet. It is sprayed on the underbody with the exhaust taken off of course and when dry is pretty thick. I used over 125 sq feet of Dynamat Extreme when I did my Mustang and it went from the firewall to the trunk. Hope that helps.
  3. GearHeadPeter
    09-03-2010 09:06 AM
    GearHeadPeter
    Yo Kevin, What's Up? I'm a new member on here. Is it true that our Camaro's do not do dirt as in a cruise to Tortilla Flats as per Nick?