Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   2011 Victory Red 2LT/RS, let the modding begin (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126995)

Mr Twisty 07-13-2011 01:56 PM

"I like your car"

The GFX look good unpainted :thumbsup:

If the clear bra covers the stripes I'd leave the vinyl till it starts looking bad.

garcmol 07-13-2011 05:28 PM

I was going to meet up with you guys (Hot Rod Power Tour) when you came through Phenix City, AL on the way to Montgomery. Seems something always comes up though.

MOMSREDSS 07-26-2011 11:38 PM

Looking good.

MARINE1991 07-26-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 3462088)
Not sure....my list has the houndstooth inserts for the seats, and I have the cold air to put on. Maybe paint stripes instead of vinyl. You know I can drive it as fast as a V8, so I don't need more horsepower:D

Just decided to get the white vinyal stripes taken off and painted.. your car looks good...:thumbup:

r1concepts 07-28-2011 01:15 PM

The ride is looking all too good! so nice and so clean...

Dr Jkel 07-28-2011 01:21 PM

I saw you have water in your LED Sidemarkers, whats the deal?

dianeokie 07-28-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jkel (Post 3534170)
I saw you have water in your LED Sidemarkers, whats the deal?

Thanks for the compliments...yep, water in the sidemarkers, but AAC is going to make good on their lifetime warranty and send me new ones, just got to eat the labor and get them replaced somewhere....this time the back is going to be sealed though! I think that will do the trick!

Next mod is an air conditioner that works :mad0260::mad0260:

It's pretty apparent to me that some part of the system is defective. Original compressor failed over the weekend......
Compressor replaced Tuesday....failed before I could get out of the dealership parking lot.....tech says the compressor shaft, (yes I said shaft:facepalm:) can't remember the term, but basically sheared.....
He is going to have to get technical assistance from GM....I have seen where this is happening on several 2011s....
Too hot for no AC, luckily I have a daily driver that is super nice and dependable, so no worries there, just irritating!:mad0259:

MOMSREDSS 09-23-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 3281498)
The pictures don't do the lights justice. I have one of the footwell lights and one of the sidemarkers! What a difference, really!

Hi Diane,

It looks like you choose the blue ambient lighting for the inside. Am I right?

That' one of my birthday or Christmas.

dianeokie 09-23-2011 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOMSREDSS (Post 3794649)
Hi Diane,

It looks like you choose the blue ambient lighting for the inside. Am I right?

That' one of my birthday or Christmas.

The ambient lighting on the door is factory blue....

Actually, the interior led lights are white........just didn't like the blue lights with the black interior and red and white exterior....you'll just have to see it sometime, like CFestIII!:w00t:

I'm sure your car is looking really good.

MOMSREDSS 09-24-2011 10:56 AM

We'll have to see what life holds as CFestIII gets closer. Life has a few changes recently. It's during the summer, so it would a better fit for us this year. The location CFestII was a good location for us.

It would be nice to meet you.

dianeokie 10-06-2011 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Newest addition - Vararam Cold Air Intake..........maybe catch can next????

garcmol 10-10-2011 11:45 AM

I liked the sound of the MRT 2 exhaust on your car. Hadn't heard one other than on YouTube.

Good seein' you again this weekend!

dianeokie 10-10-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 3864355)
I liked the sound of the MRT 2 exhaust on your car. Hadn't heard one other than on YouTube.

Good seein' you again this weekend!

Thanks for letting me use and abuse your suspension.........don't think too many people would let someone drive their car in fast circles around a parking lot and drift side to side :D

dianeokie 01-24-2012 03:47 PM

Been a few months........not much new.......but I have a box sitting on my dresser, Hurst part 3916030, Billet plus short throw shifter............

I'm a little pissed that they advertise it for the V8 or the V6, but the shift knob has the V8 shift pattern, WTH.................I have to use the stock shifter, or pay even more than the almost $300 for a new knob.......I want the white shift knob........any ideas??????????????

I have one more mod, but waiting to reveal it at the MTI open house this weekend here in Atlanta.............it's minor, but I love it!

Come on F-body, Hot Rod Power Tour and Cfest III!:happyanim: