Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   New Camaro Owner from Florida (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407168)

Steverado 05-05-2015 09:03 PM

New Camaro Owner from Florida

I am new to this forum and will be reading a lot of your posted info and asking some questions for my car.
I purchased a 1 owner 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Auto, Blue with gray and black interior. 74k miles on it and the only known up grade is a stainless magnaflow exhaust.
My first car in 1987 was a Blue 1969 Camaro 327 auto with black interior, then i owned 2 1967 Chevelle's and Silverado's and a 1987 Grand National.
Now that i am in this Camaro I love it and want to make it really nice and run great.
My biggest issue is the weird bogging feeling in between gears and the different exhaust sounds at that point, sounds like a 4 or 6 cly and the power isnt there unless i step on it. and it sometimes makes a noise kind of like when you drive over the white line and there's the rumble strips.

thanks for any information

USCAMARO14 05-06-2015 03:44 AM

Welcome!

Ckchallenger2@live.com 05-06-2015 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steverado (Post 8404164)
I am new to this forum and will be reading a lot of your posted info and asking some questions for my car.
I purchased a 1 owner 2010 Camaro SS/RS Auto, Blue with gray and black interior. 74k miles on it and the only known up grade is a stainless magnaflow exhaust.
My first car in 1987 was a Blue 1967 Camaro 327 auto with black interior, then i owned Chevelle's and Silverado's and a 1987 Grand National.
Now that i am in this Camaro I love it and want to make it really nice and run great.
My biggest issue is the weird bogging feeling in between gears and the different exhaust sounds at that point, sounds like a 4 or 6 cly and the power isnt there unless i step on it. and it sometimes makes a noise kind of like when you drive over the white line and there's the rumble strips.

thanks for any information

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the camaro
It sounds like it's the AFM kicking on and off that takes it from a V-8 to a four-cylinder only the automatics have that,
Since your car is out of warranty I assume you can have that tuned out

snarky 05-06-2015 04:07 AM

:welcome:

Flush your coolant !

Sir Nuke 05-06-2015 06:07 AM

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

BAD DAB 05-06-2015 03:36 PM

Welcome to Camaro5!

Steve@HPE 05-10-2015 12:45 PM

Welcome! I will keep an eye out for you at future Florida Car events! You can always recognize me easily. I am the 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro with HEXvents.
Blue has always been my favorite Camaro color. I originally was looking at getting a 2010 the same color blue as the one you bought!

Welcome again and Grats on your new ride!

Ray

chuckstacamaro 05-10-2015 01:33 PM

Sounds like the AFM kicking on and off...... either get a Tune and have it turned off, or add a Range AFM Disabler. I have a Range disabler and the car runs on 8 cylinders all the time without the annoying AFM switching back and forth.

ntmad8tr 05-10-2015 02:08 PM

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Put a good CAI, some long tube headers and high flow cats on there and have it tuned. When they do the tune they can disable that AFM crap. You will be amazed how much the car wakes up. For me it was like driving a new car.