Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Houston Caravan to C5F II (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107619)

68blk/yel396 09-27-2010 02:15 PM

C5Fest 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2372050)

Quite sure we will have a meeting time/place in the Katy area just West of Houston on I-10. A lot of our club members live out that way...

BB better roll with us too this year...:paddle:

Mlee,

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like a good way to get the fun started. You know I am IN !!!

:drinking::drinking: We gonna have a ball !!!

Da Hose 09-27-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 (Post 2376482)
Mlee,

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like a good way to get the fun started. You know I am IN !!!

ha ha..U know it Chris!!!!!!!:happy0180:

rolnslo 09-27-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter1 (Post 2373279)
The Texas Caravan was awesome last year! I can't wait to see how many people sign up for this years!

Is everyone kind of thinking stopping in El paso for the night or making the 40 minute drive further into Las Cruces??? I'm not real familure with either area so I don't know what is best!

Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.

firefighter1 09-27-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 2374544)
firefighter1, I would bet that whom ever is going to coordinate the caravan for the SA group, will set up all the stops, places to stop and eat, gas stops, and where, as a group, we will stop for the night. just like the texas caravan did going this year......we will just have to wait for "DETAILS TO FOLLOW" in the future. as a group we will get to together for the run to SA from H-Town.

That's kewl, I'm just working on hotel stays for myself, but here's the deal. I can set up group rates very cheap since I'm a fire fighter... SO if each of the caravans start thinking of a stopping point for that night then I'd be happy to help get a group discount! But, the downside is I have to give the hotel at least a two month's notice. It's a pain in the ass, but a great perk for saving us a few dollars!

firefighter1 09-27-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 2376943)
Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.

That's what I had thought too was a good stopping point, but others have mentioned el Paso, or even driving the 40 miles furhter to Las cruces... I'm open to any, I've just putting feelers out to what others think!

Sir Nuke 09-27-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 (Post 2376482)
Mlee,

well ya'll know I am in.....if work cooperates this year!! lol

Superman09 09-27-2010 08:03 PM

I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)

Sir Nuke 09-27-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 2377823)
I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)

I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.

Superman09 09-27-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 2378236)
I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.

Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close

CamaroChelline 09-27-2010 11:17 PM

I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

But I will be driving her part of the trip!! :D

mlee 09-27-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroChelline (Post 2378487)
I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

Cool... Louisana peeps...:thumbsup:...we need to get the whole crew back together again... Bring those Oracle AAC guys too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 2378332)
Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close

Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...:thumbsup:

JT 210 09-28-2010 04:16 PM

I have talked to a lady at the El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau re: lodging for approx. 200 rooms and Camaros and food the night(s) we are there. I have a short list of hotels that can accomodate us. We need numbers though for her to be able to present this to those hotels and see who wants to cut us the best deal.

I need a list of persons going, so I can project some sort of number.

I will copy/paste this into the SA and Houston threads too since we all basically end up on the same road before El Paso. I am also waiting on a response from a MOD to make sure I am not stepping on any toes.

Thanks

Superman09 09-28-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2378609)
Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...:thumbsup:

I am open to that too. Anybody need/want a copilot I will split gas and will throw in a free oil change if we stop by my shop on the return trip

68blk/yel396 09-29-2010 06:25 AM

C5Fest II

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroChelline (Post 2378487)

CamaroChelline,

Good to have you in the Caravan again. As Mlee stated "let's get the whole Louisiana Peep group (plus more) together again !!! We had a blast last year !!!