Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Texas (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Houston Caravan to C5F II (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107619)

bossbunny 09-25-2010 11:27 AM

Houston Caravan to C5F II

Anyone from the H-Town group going? For me in Conroe its 1247miles and just shy of 20hrs but Im so there....

firefighter1 09-25-2010 04:09 PM

What route are you planning on taking?

mlee 09-25-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badgebunny (Post 2369608)
Anyone from the H-Town group going? For me in Conroe its 1247miles and just shy of 20hrs but Im so there....

I'm following you... 1st stop San Antonio (they owe us lunch)... next stop El Paso... Then Tuscon....

egad09 09-25-2010 11:45 PM

Right there with you guys!!

Can't wait.

BlaSSt Off 09-26-2010 02:36 AM

Hey, I may be able to make this one! You guys mind if I tag along? I am from the Beaumont area. I may be switching jobs so I cant set anything in stone yet but just trying to plan ahead.

mlee 09-26-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaSSt Off (Post 2372029)
Hey, I may be able to make this one! You guys mind if I tag along? I am from the Beaumont area. I may be switching jobs so I cant set anything in stone yet but just trying to plan ahead.

Absolutely... if you're going you better join in with the convoy...;)

Quite sure we will have a meeting time/place in the Katy area just West of Houston on I-10. A lot of our club members live out that way...

BB better roll with us too this year...:paddle:

jose1003 09-26-2010 08:49 AM

us in el paso and las cruces will b waiting for convoy see u in april

Sir Nuke 09-26-2010 09:46 AM

well guys there is a SA to CFest thread...for people to join in....what I am wondering if one of the BIG DOGS there will coordinate a meet like Chris did for people to meet up this year. but I am sure that there will be quite a few of us going that way.....and considering we don't change roads till El Paso, it an easy drive, just a long one.

here is the other thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107586

JUISSD 09-26-2010 10:34 AM

I'm down!

Atti2de 09-26-2010 02:44 PM

Shouldn't this be the "Houston to San Antonio Caravan" post because that is when the party starts and the REAL caravan begins....

firefighter1 09-26-2010 04:21 PM

The Texas Caravan was awesome last year! I can't wait to see how many people sign up for this years!

Is everyone kind of thinking stopping in El paso for the night or making the 40 minute drive further into Las Cruces??? I'm not real familure with either area so I don't know what is best!

Sir Nuke 09-26-2010 10:47 PM

firefighter1, I would bet that whom ever is going to coordinate the caravan for the SA group, will set up all the stops, places to stop and eat, gas stops, and where, as a group, we will stop for the night. just like the texas caravan did going this year......we will just have to wait for "DETAILS TO FOLLOW" in the future. as a group we will get to together for the run to SA from H-Town.

TX Pony Killer 09-27-2010 09:16 AM

hhhhmmmmm....

Da Hose 09-27-2010 09:34 AM

Da Hose's r in FTW Da Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTWDa Hose's r in FTW

:happyanim:

68blk/yel396 09-27-2010 02:15 PM

C5Fest 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2372050)

Quite sure we will have a meeting time/place in the Katy area just West of Houston on I-10. A lot of our club members live out that way...

Mlee,

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like a good way to get the fun started. You know I am IN !!!

:drinking::drinking: We gonna have a ball !!!

Da Hose 09-27-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 (Post 2376482)
Mlee,

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Sounds like a good way to get the fun started. You know I am IN !!!

ha ha..U know it Chris!!!!!!!:happy0180:

rolnslo 09-27-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefighter1 (Post 2373279)
The Texas Caravan was awesome last year! I can't wait to see how many people sign up for this years!

Is everyone kind of thinking stopping in El paso for the night or making the 40 minute drive further into Las Cruces??? I'm not real familure with either area so I don't know what is best!

Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.

firefighter1 09-27-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 2374544)
firefighter1, I would bet that whom ever is going to coordinate the caravan for the SA group, will set up all the stops, places to stop and eat, gas stops, and where, as a group, we will stop for the night. just like the texas caravan did going this year......we will just have to wait for "DETAILS TO FOLLOW" in the future. as a group we will get to together for the run to SA from H-Town.

That's kewl, I'm just working on hotel stays for myself, but here's the deal. I can set up group rates very cheap since I'm a fire fighter... SO if each of the caravans start thinking of a stopping point for that night then I'd be happy to help get a group discount! But, the downside is I have to give the hotel at least a two month's notice. It's a pain in the ass, but a great perk for saving us a few dollars!

firefighter1 09-27-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 2376943)
Still working out the details of this trip for us - probably turning C5FII into a SW tour for the kids (Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon, Route 66, Santa Fe...).

Our mid-way stopping point for trips from Houston to Phoenix in the past was Van Horn, TX. About 120 miles short of El Paso but 10 hours from Houston and about 8 or so from Phoenix.

That's what I had thought too was a good stopping point, but others have mentioned el Paso, or even driving the 40 miles furhter to Las cruces... I'm open to any, I've just putting feelers out to what others think!

Sir Nuke 09-27-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68blk/yel396 (Post 2376482)
Mlee,

well ya'll know I am in.....if work cooperates this year!! lol

Superman09 09-27-2010 08:03 PM

I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)

Sir Nuke 09-27-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 2377823)
I am in this year. Just looking into how much it would be to rent in Houston and drive with ya'll. Or fly to Phoenix and rent and meet yall ~20 miles out of town and ride in with ya. And I will be renting a Camaro if at all possible (or a Vette if a Camaro isn't available)

I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.

Superman09 09-27-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 2378236)
I looked into a flight for my wife.....a NON STOP round trip from Houston to Phenix was $309 on Continental.

Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close

CamaroChelline 09-27-2010 11:17 PM

I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

But I will be driving her part of the trip!! :D

mlee 09-27-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroChelline (Post 2378487)
I think we will be joining you guys again this year.. BUT we are going to get a car trailer and pull the car some of the way..I just don't want to put 3500 miles on my car...

Cool... Louisana peeps...:thumbsup:...we need to get the whole crew back together again... Bring those Oracle AAC guys too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman09 (Post 2378332)
Yeah I saw the same thing.........now I am just hoping its close to that to rent and drive as that would be a whole lot more fun. But somehow I doubt it will even be close

Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...:thumbsup:

JT 210 09-28-2010 04:16 PM

I have talked to a lady at the El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau re: lodging for approx. 200 rooms and Camaros and food the night(s) we are there. I have a short list of hotels that can accomodate us. We need numbers though for her to be able to present this to those hotels and see who wants to cut us the best deal.

I need a list of persons going, so I can project some sort of number.

I will copy/paste this into the SA and Houston threads too since we all basically end up on the same road before El Paso. I am also waiting on a response from a MOD to make sure I am not stepping on any toes.

Thanks

Superman09 09-28-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2378609)
Maybe someone in the Houston area needs a Co-pilot to ride with and share gas costs...:thumbsup:

I am open to that too. Anybody need/want a copilot I will split gas and will throw in a free oil change if we stop by my shop on the return trip

68blk/yel396 09-29-2010 06:25 AM

C5Fest II

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroChelline (Post 2378487)

CamaroChelline,

Good to have you in the Caravan again. As Mlee stated "let's get the whole Louisiana Peep group (plus more) together again !!! We had a blast last year !!!

GoPaul 10-06-2010 06:31 PM

I'm in, will be great fun to travel in convoy :thumbup:

GoPaul 10-06-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 2372050)
Absolutely... if you're going you better join in with the convoy...;)

sounds like a plan :)

Superman09 10-11-2010 11:18 PM

Good news and Bad news

Good News:
I got a new job at Texas A&M University as a security officer:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:. Great pay, amazing benefits, and an excellent stepping stone to becoming a police officer in the future. Semi dream job and I can provide for my family much better. Also Camaro in the much nearer future.

Bad News:
Due to new job I may not (probably won't) have enough vacation time accumulated to be able to attend C5FII:cry::cry::cry: That means I will be missing it yet again.

Hopefully I can still make it, if not I will be making C5FIII and hopefully by then I will have my Camaro.

Wellillbedamned 10-14-2010 07:33 PM

Wellillbedamned on the road again.. I'm in.

Superman09 10-30-2010 07:17 AM

Gotta love Comp time......I may be able to make fest after all. Keeping my fingers crossed

GoPaul 03-15-2011 01:14 PM

ok, haven't seen anything posted regarding a meet up spot yet for the Wednesday morning of 13th April (I've heard 6am in the Katy area) - so how about the Cinemark Cinema I-10 at Grand Parkway (SH-99) ? It's on the North side of the I-10 so is heading in the right direction and I'm guessing most people would pass it on the way to SA anyway.

Just throwing this out there as an idea but I'm happy to go with the majority.

rolnslo 03-15-2011 03:21 PM

Yep, in order to hit the 9am leave time set for San Antonio, leaving Katy at 6am is pushing it. Regular drive time from Katy to the SA location is right about 3 hours.

GoPaul 03-15-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 2964723)
Yep, in order to hit the 9am leave time set for San Antonio, leaving Katy at 6am is pushing it. Regular drive time from Katy to the SA location is right about 3 hours.

I wont be at the HTCC meeting on Saturday but I'm open to an earlier departure if that is what is agreed. I'll check in for time and location updates though :)

SSE 4 2SS 03-15-2011 07:05 PM

Hey,

Sorry some of this has been so long in coming, but,

The departure location is the Marriot at the Rim, in San Antonio at 9:00 am the 13th of April...

I know some of the Houston folks are staying there, but some will be driving in... I have a couple from Florida staying at my house the night before, and they will also be traveling with the Central Texas gang... There should be six or eight cars meeting you guys near Junction, and then we will all hopefully meet up with the DFW group at the IH 10 IH 20 interchange...

We will be stopping Ft Stockton Texas for lunch.. There is a BBQ place, Rix pit BBq, that normally closes from 2 - 5, but he is going to stay open for us, and have everything stocked... He also has parking for everyone...

This should prevent us from having to worry about trying to eat at six different places and waiting on service.

Our lunch arrival is scheduled for between 2:00 and 2:15 pm.

I do need to exchange phone numbers with a couple of you so we can coordinate the different meet areas and I can get some final numbers...

If any are interested, PM me you cell number, and I'll reply with mine.

68blk/yel396 03-15-2011 07:57 PM

C5Fest II

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 2965968)
Hey,

Sorry some of this has been so long in coming, but,

The departure location is the Marriot at the Rim, in San Antonio at 9:00 am the 13th of April...

I know some of the Houston folks are staying there, but some will be driving in... I have a couple from Florida staying at my house the night before, and they will also be traveling with the Central Texas gang... There should be six or eight cars meeting you guys near Junction, and then we will all hopefully meet up with the DFW group at the IH 10 IH 20 interchange...

We will be stopping Ft Stockton Texas for lunch.. There is a BBQ place, Rix pit BBq, that normally closes from 2 - 5, but he is going to stay open for us, and have everything stocked... He also has parking for everyone...

This should prevent us from having to worry about trying to eat at six different places and waiting on service.

Our lunch arrival is scheduled for between 2:00 and 2:15 pm.

I do need to exchange phone numbers with a couple of you so we can coordinate the different meet areas and I can get some final numbers...

If any are interested, PM me you cell number, and I'll reply with mine.

I will be taking the co-ordination lead for the H-Town Camaro Club that will be departing from Katy early on the morning of the 13th. We have a club meeting this coming Saturday and I will be getting with our group to make suere we are all on the same page and we depart on-time to meet-up with your group in San Antonio. I co-ordinated our group last year.

Glad to hear about the BBQ lunch stop that you have arranged. Sounds like we will have the RUN of the place. Looking forward to seeing you again !!

68blk/yel396 03-15-2011 08:01 PM

C5Fest II

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 2964723)

Yep...................I was thinking more like 5:30 AM..............but hey that's why we all got CAMAROs.............to be able to get places quickly as necessary. More to come for the HTCC group at the monthly meeting this Saturday !!!

CruznSS 03-16-2011 01:40 AM

You all read my mind! Texas barbecue sounds great! Going to be a great week! Now I just need to remember all the screen names to actual faces. See you all real soon!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk