Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A cautionary tale. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126774)

Ivas 01-30-2011 07:21 PM

A cautionary tale.

A recent event has nearly cooked my goose with the wife. It all stems from modding the Camaro without getting a prior okay from the warden.:(

I bought some Bogart wheels, you know the full set of four custom 17" ones that'll accept the skinnies up front and the drag slicks in the rear. Well, they arrived when I was out with the boyz; the wife found the invoice. Shortly after I got home, I realized that I was gonna' be double teamed. I heard the mother-in-law's broom pull up in the driveway. She bitch slapped me in front of my bro's. The only way left for me was to raise the PIMP hand and chase the old mummy outa' the house.:mad0260:

The wife is still giving me the icy eye. I hope it thaws soon. I already told her that I was sorry. There ARE hidden costs when it comes to owning such an ooh soo fine car!:(

Be careful, oh my brothers...

daveagogo1 01-30-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivas (Post 2785541)
A recent event has nearly cooked my goose with the wife. It all stems from modding the Camaro without getting a prior okay from the warden.:(

I bought some Bogart wheels, you know the full set of four custom 17" ones that'll accept the skinnies up front and the drag slicks in the rear. Well, they arrived when I was out with the boyz; the wife found the invoice. Shortly after I got home, I realized that I was gonna' be double teamed. I heard the mother-in-law's broom pull up in the driveway. She bitch slapped me in front of my bro's. The only way left for me was to raise the PIMP hand and chase the old mummy outa' the house.:mad0260:

The wife is still giving me the icy eye. I hope it thaws soon. I already told her that I was sorry. There ARE hidden costs when it comes to owning such an ooh soo fine car!:(

My wife and i have a deal. We run it by each other if any purchase is over $100 unless it's like grocery shopping or B-day / X-mas gifts. That way everyone is on the same page and these issues never come up. Rarely if ever have i ever said no to the wife and the same with her to me. But, we both know we won't be getting any surprises either. As you can see from my sig she doesn't have an issue with me getting toys for my toys :)

KeepItGreasey 01-30-2011 07:27 PM

You gotta keep your pimp hand strong, son!

http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-co...lien-pic-2.jpg

1BADLS3 01-30-2011 07:27 PM

You have to ask for permission from your wife to buy things for your car?

lol.. you're 'whipped'! Does she let you drive it sometimes, too?

Cristoff 01-30-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 (Post 2785573)
You have to ask for permission from your wife to buy things for your car?

lol.. you're 'whipped'! Does she let you drive it sometimes, too?

You must be single...

There is a BIG difference between "asking permission" and simply "keeping the peace".

mfr1950 01-30-2011 07:33 PM

Not married,don't have to get permission.... I feel sorry for you.....:D

BackinBlackSS/RS 01-30-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivas (Post 2785541)

Well, for one it's none of your mother-in-laws damn business. No way would i take that crap.

The Stig 01-30-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristoff (Post 2785590)
You must be single...

There is a BIG difference between "asking permission" and simply "keeping the peace".

+1

I inform the girlfriend of my purchases. Not so much "for permission" but more as a second opinion. I think of her as my jimminy cricket.

Moni 01-30-2011 07:42 PM

:popcorn:

wrbear 01-30-2011 07:43 PM

My wife supports me 101%. She says "Honey get it for your car don't worry about the cost" then I let her out of the closet....snort...

So you have 2 choices go buy some more goodies and not make peace with the wify...she probably won't talk to you for weeks...or make peace and get along..."go buy more goodies"...snort....

really though you should take her for a long walk some night and tell her how you feel......you might get lucky and she won't find her way back....drumm.....tish............................ .tish......

wrbear 01-30-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 2785620)
+1

I inform the girlfriend of my purchases. Not so much "for permission" but more as a second opinion. I think of her as my jimminy cricket.

You talk a "BIG" game...from the looks of it you already tried to run her over....snort...

The Stig 01-30-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrbear (Post 2785669)
You talk a "BIG" game...from the looks of it you already tried to run her over....snort...

I'm confused. I honestly wasn't trying to bash you or your thread. Just wanted to say my train of thought. Also, where exactly did you get a picture of my girlfriend? I'm more than happy to post a picture of her if it will remove your comment about her. Not for my sake, but more that I would prefer if you didn't insult her.

BackinBlackSS/RS 01-30-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 2785747)
I'm confused. I honestly wasn't trying to bash you or your thread. Just wanted to say my train of thought. Also, where exactly did you get a picture of my girlfriend? I'm more than happy to post a picture of her if it will remove your comment about her. Not for my sake, but more that I would prefer if you didn't insult her.

It's not his thread and he was joking about the pic in your sig. ;)

Revo1 01-30-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristoff (Post 2785590)
You must be single...

:word: