Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Show me your cupholders! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624997)

chasmanian 04-19-2024 10:18 AM

Show me your cupholders!

Since the factory cupholder placement is pitiful, I have been trying to find a decent replacement since I've owned a Fifth Gen. The few I've tried have had shortcomings and so I'm still looking

One of them went between the passenger seat and the center console. I still have this one but it doesn't hold larger cups like large Dunkin iced tea or something.

Another one tucked under the center console trim and rested on the floor. That one leaned the wrong way and any weight tipped it over towards the front.

And so I found a generic plastic one that hooks over the window when it's down. It's actually a decent solution but I don't like that it's hanging on the window.

So aside from not drinking in the car, what have you done to solve this? What is good/bad about what you chose? And show me some pics!

0stones0 04-19-2024 10:47 AM

The factory console ones have never been an issue for us. But, admittedly, we only throw in a couple of water bottles. No big gulps or anything like that.:cool:

Skurpio 04-19-2024 11:21 AM

My metal water cup only fits in the front of the 2 factory cupholders. Other than that we've not had many issues except for the placement. Feel like I'm going to bump it with my elbow if I'm not paying attention.

redcoats1976 04-19-2024 11:21 AM

have really never had a problem with them,since i dont allow anyone to eat or drink in my car.great place to store stuff though...

CamaroDreams76 04-19-2024 11:42 AM

If you have a manual car they are terrible placement. I saw one years ago that clip onto the trim on the passenger side. Never bought them because I just don't drink in my car.

DirtyDirt 04-19-2024 01:01 PM

i agree the drink holders suck.. Im in the boat of not a real issue since no one eats or drinks in the car. Fine for a normal water bottle or bottle of soda

Ernie70 04-21-2024 12:46 PM

I only use the second one further back for my coffee thermos. Fits great lol. But , the cup holders have been what seem to be an after thought with GM in these cars. My 1993 Trans Am has the same issue , and its a six speed. Totaly usless location.

Dirgam 04-22-2024 07:26 AM

Because I have a manual, I got short cups that fit the holder well and don't get in the way of shifting. I then purchased a two cup holder that sits on the floor behind the passenger seat that can hold larger cups for longer trips. Easy to reach and out of the way. I will get a couple of pics up.

Arogg 04-22-2024 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 (Post 11419476)
If you have a manual car they are terrible placement. I saw one years ago that clip onto the trim on the passenger side. Never bought them because I just don't drink in my car.

I SAY THIS ALL THE TIME! Mine is a manual and the cupholders are useless because anything I put in there is in the way. My buddy has a 15 S550 and I LOVE how the cupholders are offset so you can still shift. I dont drink drinks in my car unless that have a cap so its not really a big deal, just a poor design.

The_bald_eagle_machine 04-22-2024 10:26 AM

I know we aren't supposed to post links for stuff like this but RPI designs sells these https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item...Wb1qW80SSGrlbk I see a couple other vendors with the same item listed as well.

Dirgam 04-22-2024 12:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirgam (Post 11420014)
Because I have a manual, I got short cups that fit the holder well and don't get in the way of shifting. I then purchased a two cup holder that sits on the floor behind the passenger seat that can hold larger cups for longer trips. Easy to reach and out of the way. I will get a couple of pics up.

I live in a hot climate so if you're out more than an hour or more, I always have water on hand. I have not had an issue with the cup in the back tipping, but I am working on a better way to secure the holder itself.

RupertPupkin 04-26-2024 12:17 AM

I only use a water bottle when I'm alone driving.. it's between me and the armrest. If do get coffee, it's with my wife and she holds our drinks. I find it very annoying having drinks in the cup holders

ariZona28 04-26-2024 02:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hands free drinking. Problem solved. Might not work with sunroof. :smiling1:

RupertPupkin 04-26-2024 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariZona28 (Post 11421083)
Hands free drinking. Problem solved. Might not work with sunroof. :smiling1:

Classic..