Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Beware of RDPStore (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607308)

Ashen 6.2 07-09-2022 07:53 AM

Beware of RDPStore

After being a long time customer of RDPStore it saddens me to post this.

DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS BUSINESS..

No one from there will respond to any questions at all. Some of the email addresses have been disabled, getting server bounce backs after sending an email. Phone calls are disconnected after selecting a prompt.. If you do choose the chat feature, you will get an auto reply telling you to send an email... Similar experiences have been posted in the Corvette & GMC forums...

Anyways, I ordered a DSS driveshaft back in Jan with a 10-12 week lead time per the main contact at that time. So basically 4/12/22 ETA. After 12 weeks was told it would be another 3 weeks. 2 weeks later the main contact leaves.. New contact doesn't respond...

Thankfully my impatience caused me to order GM ZL1 conversion driveshaft from RockAuto back in early March as I didnt want to wait until the DSS arrived.

If a message does get through to RDP through chat etc, DynoSteve will email you from his new business. I did speak with him and he explained how this all went down and some about the owner of RDP. DynoSteve was kind enough to offer help to get the part through his new store/site quickly. I decided to hold for now.

I did dispute the charge and got my money back...

Sometime after July 3rd, the FB pages for RDPStore disappeared... Site is still up though..

This actually may turn out for the better as I have been leaning towards a 4L80 swap anyways which would require a completely different driveshaft...

Anyways, I hope no one else has been in a similar situation with RDP.

hammdo 07-09-2022 05:36 PM

Damn, Glad to know about this. Good you were able to get $ back.

-Don

hrpiii 07-14-2022 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynosteve (Post 11198806)
I must say its heart breaking to have spent my life working and building up RDP Store and after i had my stroke back in 2018 i sold the business to cory overturf in 2019 and worked there until end of april this year when i couldnt stand to be involved anylonger after seeing the business not being run the way i felt it should be and also being that i hadnt been paid for a month i decided to leave and start my own company again, if anyone is still experiencing any issues and needs help with paypal or credit card companies from a purchase from RDP they are more than welcome to reach out to me and i can help you talk to your card company and advise them of the situation and help get your monies returned to you.

All the very best to all the wonderful customers i have had over the years at RDP and i hope that you will continue to follow me to my new business

Thanks Dynosteve
DSP Performance Motorsports
www.dspperformancemotorsports.com
440 251 8571

Yes we will! :cool:

Joe.G 08-13-2022 08:38 AM

I am a bit annoyed that I paid for Tunes for life from RDP and well It was a short life, Steve has been great and I did follow him to his new business but still a bit pissed.

Ashen 6.2 12-04-2022 08:21 AM

Just for old times sake, I thought I would try and see if the rdpstore.com site was still up or not..

That would be a negative ghost rider... lol

Joe.G 12-04-2022 08:23 AM

Yes I was bored the other day and checked as well and it's not, I am annoyed that I paid for tunes for life and got a couple months of time.

George-CZ 12-04-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe.G (Post 11259416)
Yes I was bored the other day and checked as well and it's not, I am annoyed that I paid for tunes for life and got a couple months of time.

That's what happens when one person keeps a company alive and they can't pay him despite all that.
Then you can't be surprised that Dynosteve went his own way.
He basically had no choice.

He cannot live on the fruits of the forest and graze in the meadow.

I ended up exactly the same as you.
So I bought a new license from Dynosteve and continue to work with him.
Its quality of work and technical support are simply worth it.

Joe.G 12-04-2022 09:48 AM

Yes I am not blaming Steve, I purchased another tune for life though him but still am not happy about it.

Crim 12-04-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe.G (Post 11259438)
Yes I am not blaming Steve, I purchased another tune for life though him but still am not happy about it.

I do... RDP always had issues. Sold or not Steve was still here. I've seen so many shops go down and come back with another name with the same outcome again. There is just more to this story but hope history doesn't repeat itself this time.