Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   SCCA Florida Region autox event at PBIR july 24th (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158188)

Darkstar November 07-12-2011 11:33 AM

SCCA Florida Region autox event at PBIR july 24th

Registration is open and will be limited to 100 and on line only. No late entries like last time. Register early as it will sell out. Last event 150 cars showed up and they let everyone run. They WILL NOT do that this time. This is a fun and fast course. It will be set up on the road coarse between turn 2 and 9 (not on the cart track).

Some of you were at the event last month and I have been assured that the issues (timing equip and over-registration) have been addressed and an action plan is in place.

Please go to TrackWeekend.com for more info and the registration link. See you there.

http://www.trackweekend.com/events/24807881/

heres some video from the last event from my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDx35HucjOg

come out and have some fun, we have novice classes now, and plenty of instructors to help out, ill be there racing and instructing as well. if you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me.

-John

Darkstar November 07-12-2011 06:24 PM

bump

Darkstar November 07-12-2011 09:25 PM

im very suprised no one is interested yet. this is a great chance to truely learn your cars limits in a safe enviroment with experienced help.

since i started autoxing almost 5 years ago ive become a MUCH better driver even in day to day situations. it teaches you limits, reaction time, and just in general how the car will behave in a give situation.

last even had turns ranging from 15mph to nearly 80mph i hit at the end of the course.

i highly recommend people try this. all that is required is a car in good shape(basic safety) and a helmet

xavier02832 07-13-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John@Torq (Post 3459322)
im very suprised no one is interested yet. this is a great chance to truely learn your cars limits in a safe enviroment with experienced help.

since i started autoxing almost 5 years ago ive become a MUCH better driver even in day to day situations. it teaches you limits, reaction time, and just in general how the car will behave in a give situation.

last even had turns ranging from 15mph to nearly 80mph i hit at the end of the course.

i highly recommend people try this. all that is required is a car in good shape(basic safety) and a helmet

You got my attention, as long as I don't have to work I'll be there!!!!

I'm attending my first road course event this Saturday with PCA at PBIR!!! Anyone else from Camaro5 attending?

Darkstar November 07-13-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xavier02832 (Post 3460867)
You got my attention, as long as I don't have to work I'll be there!!!!

I'm attending my first road course event this Saturday with PCA at PBIR!!! Anyone else from Camaro5 attending?

Be careful and have fun. I did my 24hrs race at pbir in dec it was a blast

xavier02832 07-13-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John@Torq (Post 3460977)
Be careful and have fun. I did my 24hrs race at pbir in dec it was a blast

Sure will, Thanks!!!!!

Darkstar November 07-13-2011 08:03 PM

as of today there are 52 entries were only allowing 100 cars in the event.

registration is at dlbracing.com

go through the drop down to florida region scca and select the july 24th autox

toehead93 07-18-2011 01:03 PM

I've never been to an autox event. Can you give a breif description of the format or provide a link to one? What do spectators pay and can they ride with an instructor? Pretty good deal for $40!

I'm going to try and make it! I'm having trouble registering, I don't know what to select for class, number, or work assignment. I don't even know what any of that means. I tried emailing a few contacts on the DLB website and the Florida Region SCCA website but no luck so far with a response.

Darkstar November 07-18-2011 04:55 PM

pm sent back. you can ride with an scca member for the 5 dollar weekend racer fee, but for the fun youll have for 40 dollars its best to just experience it.

for your first event well put you with an instructor, if im not racing while you are i would be more than happy to coach you.

when you get to the event look for the black 5.0 with black wheels and Torq banner on it. that would be me

-John

toehead93 07-18-2011 07:08 PM

Sweet, I'm in. Looking forward to Sunday, I hope to see some more Camaros there.

Darkstar November 07-19-2011 09:53 AM

Erik is going to try to make it in his SM class camaro as well.

Reg is nearly full guys

pdesanctis 07-19-2011 03:12 PM

I'm interested and PBIR is 10min from my house, so I'm a local. Fill me in?

Darkstar November 07-21-2011 07:52 PM

9 spots left