Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Traffic Laws in IL, watch out!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129214)

liquidsmoke 02-13-2011 09:08 PM

New Traffic Laws in IL, watch out!!

If you live in ILLINOIS, new traffic laws are pretty harsh. One more reason i need to leave this crappy state asap.

There is a new category of excessive speeding - between 30 and 39 mph above the limit. Under the current law, speeding by that much would be considered a standard moving violation. The new law defines it as excessive speeding, with a penalty of up to $1,500 in fines and up to six months in jail. For drivers convicted of speeding 40 mph or more above the limit, the penalties are fines up to $2,500 and a year in jail. For those who speed by 40 mph or more, court supervision will no longer be available, meaning you can't keep it off your record by paying the fine and completing driving school. This law goes into effect Jan. 1, 2011.

$1500 bucks for going 85mph and 6months in jail, wtf! i could almost cry and if i get one of these tickets i probably will.

This definately is the straw thats breaking my camels back, im so sick of this state and all the shady ass laws with the only purpose of robbing you of your hard earned money. We just had a damn tax incease of 69% wich is total bs.
Ill stop now before i get really upset and ruin my mood.

Just giving a heads up to my fellow ILLINOIS camaro drivers.

GbrilliantQ 02-13-2011 09:51 PM

I will never drive 30 miles over the speed limit. So, I'll be fine.
Thanks for the heads up though.

chicagobulls 02-13-2011 09:55 PM

donte stallworth nfl player kills someone drunk driving and gets 3 months jail

u go 40 miles over the speed limit u get 1 year jail time

makes sense

KnightRiderSS 02-13-2011 10:06 PM

yeah...Illinois sucks...tax hikes without drastic spending cuts, entitlement programs that promote laziness instead of helping people who actually need it, no CCW....if Chicago/Cook county wasn't part of Illinois it would be a much better place to live

RAWarrior 02-16-2011 08:30 PM

Yeh, they had a blurb about it on the news here. It was passed because a teenage driver was speeding excessively, wrecked and 3 of the 4 teens in the car died 2yrs ago.

barking tires 02-17-2011 03:03 PM

In my area we lose 2-3 teens a year, those new laws isnt going to stop them. And as far as the state making more money, they get 1500 and up then spend thousands on putting us in jail for a year. It dont add up.

gml1998 02-17-2011 07:00 PM

Illinois does suck.:thumbdown:
High income taxes .
Outrageous property taxes.
One of the worst states for gun laws.
Hardly anywhere to legally ride my ATV.
Land of crooked politicians.
Must have front and rear license plates.:mad0260:

Let me know what I missed.

I'll post the good things about Illinois as soon as I think of one.:sm0:
Don't hold your breath.

Huggerorange73 02-17-2011 07:15 PM

This state sucks beyond belief.....as soon as the wife joins the program, I'm moving to California.

IL is quite possibly the worst state in the country to live.

Zeus95 02-23-2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gml1998 (Post 2855276)
High income taxes .

Don't hold your breath.

+1 :mad0259:

TonyNo 02-23-2011 07:11 AM

I guess I'm the only one that likes it here! :D

Tysen 02-23-2011 08:10 AM

I grew up in Illinois but I live in Tennessee now. When visiting Illinois, I drive a little over 80 while driving through TN and KY, but as soon as I hit IL I slow down to 65. IL state troopers don't mess around.

Hopper 02-23-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 (Post 2855359)
This state sucks beyond belief.....as soon as the wife joins the program, I'm moving to California.

IL is quite possibly the worst state in the country to live.

I don't know, but last time I checked the only thing CA has on IL is the weather. Same nonsense laws...ask the CA central valley farmers about a law protecting a stupid fish in the Bay area that's essentially shut off their water and devastated the agriculture based economy. Massive deficit spending on entitlements, high taxes, high unemployment, virtually no economic growth and a housing market that's cratered. Sounds like IL with sun to me!:iono:

Orange5thGen 02-23-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gml1998 (Post 2855276)
High income taxes .

Don't hold your breath.

Twin turbo's.........Ut Oh:iono:
I guess they don't hit 88, 294, or 94 because I see people doing 80-85+ every morning going to work in a 55 zone....
I don't have a front plate either and have been pulled over 3 times and no tickets.......

LEO's wanted to check out the car.....

lawdog 03-13-2011 10:42 PM

Illinois has some of the worst roads in the nation and yet its one of the most expensive places to live, I never did understand that, I wouldnt mind the laws as much if the roads were kept up better.