CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236)
-   -   Procharger intake through hood (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619185)

BeauRichardson 08-29-2023 08:28 AM

Procharger intake through hood

Has anyone on here done this? I asked the person that i saw on facebook and it and they never got back to me. Their post said they picked up 10-15 wheel, which i’m really worried about picking up power rather than pulling in cooler air.

And respectfully, i understand the argument that procharger engineers said it made no difference being over the header, but i really don’t see that as possible by any means, unless maybe they tested on a car with stock manifolds that still had a heat shield.

radz28 08-29-2023 09:26 AM

Justin Keith did this on the C7 Z' he used to have. It was CLEAN.

Sillysspeed 08-29-2023 02:11 PM

Got any photos?

BeauRichardson 08-29-2023 02:54 PM

yes photos please

Sillysspeed 11-18-2023 07:37 AM

Still never saw any photos of this. I can say that with the filter off and bellmouth on that the iat’s start out a bit higher than with the filter on. Flip side is that the bellmouth makes more power even on low boost

rcoe 11-21-2023 01:19 PM

While I have the headers pulled off this winter I am thinking about wrapping them.

I wrapped my CanAm turbo back pipe this year and the reduction radiated heat coming off the pipe was pretty noticeable.

The filter from the procharger is only about 6 inches from the headers, any reduction in under hood temps should help.

Joshinator99 11-23-2023 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcoe (Post 11381394)
While I have the headers pulled off this winter I am thinking about wrapping them.

I wrapped my CanAm turbo back pipe this year and the reduction radiated heat coming off the pipe was pretty noticeable.

The filter from the procharger is only about 6 inches from the headers, any reduction in under hood temps should help.

Yeah I wouldn’t run headers on this platform without at least ceramic coating on them. So if you get a chance to coat or wrap your headers you should do it. :happy0180:

Sillysspeed 11-23-2023 09:10 AM

Honestly the Procharger kit that uses the stock airbox is probably the better option since the inlet is facing towards the front of the car. At the track you could easily pop off the airbox and put a bellmouth on

I always run the hood heat extractor open so I only see a few degrees above ambient temp when cruising. In traffic is where temps go up

KingLT1 11-23-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillysspeed (Post 11382078)
Honestly the Procharger kit that uses the stock airbox is probably the better option since the inlet is facing towards the front of the car. At the track you could easily pop off the airbox and put a bellmouth on

I always run the hood heat extractor open so I only see a few degrees above ambient temp when cruising. In traffic is where temps go up

I might be mistaken but I am pretty sure the Procharger kit that uses the stock airbox is for entry level boost cars. It would be a restriction on higher power stuff like RCOE's car...hence why it isn't utilized on the stage 2 and race kits. I believe Procharger only released that stock airbox kit for CARB certification. I do like how that setup looks though!

BlackbeastSS2 11-23-2023 12:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 11352872)
Justin Keith did this on the C7 Z' he used to have. It was CLEAN.

Not sure if this is the build your talking about Justin has done so many. Hood open and hood closed.

Sillysspeed 11-29-2023 07:09 AM

Oh ok cool thx for photo

rcoe 11-29-2023 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshinator99 (Post 11382048)
Yeah I wouldn’t run headers on this platform without at least ceramic coating on them. So if you get a chance to coat or wrap your headers you should do it. :happy0180:

I am going with Heatshield, looks like it offers better heat reduction and more durable than titanium wrap. I also get quite a bit of heat through the floor boards hoping this will help with that as well.