Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pedders suspension already for the Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1421)

Info@PeddersUSA.com 08-18-2007 07:54 PM

Pedders suspension already for the Camaro

Hi, I am DMS and this is my first post. I am sure all of you know the new Camaro will be on the Aussie designed ZETA platform. This may be one of the most sophisticated platform designs ever for a mass produced vehicle

The Zeta platform vehicles are already being sold in australia.The Poniac G8 will be the first US vehicle with the Zeta platform. It currently is being delayed I believe due to shock problems.

Pedders is the largest suspension manufacturer in Australia and is a $125 million a year company there. Pedders parts were introduced to the US market when the GTO, another Aussie vehicle, hit the street. Pedders is by far the dominant suspension system for the GTO in the USA with over 20 dealers. Pedders also manufacturers suspension components for the GMT900 trucks and utilties, and by SEMA this year, will have suspension systems for about 20 additonal GM vehicles

Pedders already has suspension designs and components for the Zeta platform and will have a complete line of suspension upgrades for the new Camaro before it hits the streets in the USA.

Watch for them. They offer some fantastic upgrades

mike
dms

Mr. Wyndham 08-18-2007 09:50 PM

But isn't GM altering the Zeta platform slightly for the Camaro specifically? How could you have those specs already?

Mindz 08-18-2007 10:36 PM

Welcome to the boards DMS. Nice to see another bay area person.

As for what Dragon said, I'd like to know the same thing. Please enlighten us. =)

TAG UR IT 08-19-2007 12:59 AM

Welcome!

JeepinMatt 08-19-2007 11:20 AM

Good. I want to make my Camaro a very competent road racer. Welcome to the boards

DGthe3 08-19-2007 09:11 PM

the camaro has always had decent handling compared to other muscle cars. wouldn't it be something if it can handle nearly as good as most tuners, get nearly as good of millage, and have about 3 times the power?

CamaroSpike23 08-19-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 20031)
the camaro has always had decent handling compared to other muscle cars. wouldn't it be something if it can handle nearly as good as most tuners, get nearly as good of millage, and have about 3 times the power?

tuners only handle so much better cus they can only go so fast, so they take the corners slower than us

Info@PeddersUSA.com 08-19-2007 10:54 PM

By the time the Camaro is out, Pedders will have multiple systems available, including potentially a 2-3 position strut and shock for street/ performance and race. Currently, the Camaros that are are on tour are not really built on a ZETA platform, but actually are an oa CTS platform. The dealys on having the Camro built are really polital and are based on union aggrements. edders will have alll the stuff prior to te Camaro coming out.

the Camaros that are on the roda ccurrently are not what will be delivered when the vehicle arrives. THey will be higher. the sructure for he Zetsa platforma are the same. There will be minor alterrations for he different car lines. Pedders will be th dominant suspension system for the Camaro without a doubt

For those who know me, I am a Pedders dealer for the GTO and many other vehicles and have helped thousands of GTO owners./ I am just preparing potential Camaro owners on the most important upgarde that you can do and that is the suspension. So I am just getting the creative juices to the community going
mike
dms

RiceRocket 08-19-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 20032)
tuners only handle so much better cus they can only go so fast, so they take the corners slower than us

Wow.

Please hit yourself over the head for this comment.
Thank you.

:bonk:

CamaroSpike23 08-19-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceRocket (Post 20051)
Wow.

Please hit yourself over the head for this comment.
Thank you.

:bonk:

come on... you didnt think that was funny?

JeepinMatt 08-19-2007 11:45 PM

Well in all honesty front wheel drive is disadvantaged compared to a rear or all wheel drive in a performance situation. Uneven weight distribution and masses of understeer explain why practically all performance oriented cars choose one of the two. Audi's quattro system is damn good, as is Nissan's system on the Skyline. Tons of cars use the front engine, rear drive so I won't name them all. And the highest performing ones are usually mid engine, rear drive a la Koenigsegg, Ferrari F430, and Ford GT.

Mr. Wyndham 08-19-2007 11:46 PM

:eek: I just noticed, RiceRocket, your car in your sig has got a spud-cannon on it! :laugh: :bellyroll: I'm just kidding.

Look at it this way, your a tuner-advocate (so-to-speak), so...you could, you know, enlighten us, on topics we have been brainwashed into believing...like this one.

Why do tuners handle better then our brusiers?

JeepinMatt 08-19-2007 11:49 PM

I have respect for the Supra, the RX7, the Z car, and the Skyline.

JeepinMatt 08-19-2007 11:52 PM

I can see why Noble, Lotus, Ariel and Caterham get the label of some of the best handling cars in the world. I can't understand why a Civic with a wing or a Cobalt would.