Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   my 2010 V6 Camaro Review (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15366)

Inspector 17 03-13-2009 08:15 AM

my 2010 V6 Camaro Review

I am fortunate enough to have a friend who was fortunate enough to get to drive a V6 Camaro. Specifically it is V6 6-speed manual (1LT). So I asked him if he could share with me a little insight that I could then share on the site. He said sure so here goes.

He has put several hundred miles on the car (probably over 900 by now) and was very impressed with the overall package. He said that the V6 has a lot of power and is getting impressive fuel economy (especially considering that he was not driving it to optimize fuel mileage). He was wondering why people were questioning the V6. He felt that 99.9% of people would be surprised by the power of the V6 and that most people would find that it was more than enough power (excluding crazy Camaro5 fanatics who just HAD to have a V8 -gtahvit, DragonEye, etc...). He added that the car had awesome handling on top of the power and the looks. He also noted that it had great acceleration off the line and across the board even in 6th gear when running 55-65 MPH.

Anyway, I thought that those who ordered the V6 or anybody who was on the fence concerning the V6 would find this review interesting. The great news about this car is that GM produced something for everyone - V6 with great fuel mileage, a V8 with impressive fuel mileage in both auto and manual options, as well as packages that should be able to grab customer in quite a range of demographics.

And by the way, he said that everyone seems to love the looks of this car, especially the ladies! :thumbup:

Silver Streak 03-13-2009 08:28 AM

Nice write up, thanks. I think the V6 is going to be a real barn burner when it hits the lots. I myself had to have V8, but I did consider the V6 because it is real good package!

Angrybird 12 03-13-2009 08:31 AM

I am very excited about the V6... It will be a great choice for those of us that want a Camaro but either can't afford or do not need a V8.. Those that choose the V8 are going to have an exceptional car too.. Gosh I am excited!!!:happyanim:

Miamimatt 03-13-2009 08:43 AM

sweet

Rodrunner 03-13-2009 09:18 AM

Whoa....deja vu! :laugh:

I'm getting the V8, but am still glad to hear any and all good reviews of the new Camaro. Anyway you take it guys, your car will ROCK!!! :headbang:

Redwolf20 03-13-2009 10:01 AM

Thanks! I honestly don't think they will be able to keep the V6's on the lot when it comes out. Good MPG, power, and price plus its a CAMARO!

a6pk2go 03-13-2009 10:06 AM

Going out today to finalize my 2LT RS IOM .............thanks for letting me know ...........great review.

Angrybird 12 03-13-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redwolf20 (Post 335234)
Thanks! I honestly don't think they will be able to keep the V6's on the lot when it comes out. Good MPG, power, and price plus its a CAMARO!

I think once people get to see and drive them they will be impressed with all the Camaros, all the way from the LS to the 2SS...
The more I look at my photochop of the Steelies on a yellow camaro the more I like them

Miamimatt 03-13-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a6pk2go (Post 335240)
Going out today to finalize my 2LT RS IOM .............thanks for letting me know ...........great review.

Hey man thats my car lol. Same here i am ordering mine today. this v6 rocks! and for you v8 owners holy sh$% have fun.

DGthe3 03-13-2009 10:18 AM

Well, this is going a lot better than yesterdays thread.

Keep it up folks :thumbsup:

Inspector 17 03-13-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 335266)
Well, this is going a lot better than yesterdays thread.

Keep it up folks :thumbsup:

Funny the difference that a day makes!

Mr. Wyndham 03-13-2009 10:29 AM

Hmf....it's nice to see a civil discussion for a change.;)

I wanted to post this in here, because Garfin got locked into that thread, but this is one helluva post. (I think. :))
Quote:

Originally Posted by garfin (Post 334158)
FWIW, here's my reaction on film while driving the V6 for the 1st time last May at Milford... and I'm a V8 guy, through and through. The V6 is really gonna raise a lot of eyebrows! :thumbsup:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...th_V6drive.jpg

Best regardSS,

Elie

I can't wait for those dealer cars to arrive. :D

Inspector 17 03-13-2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 335286)
Hmf....it's nice to see a civil discussion for a change.;)

I wanted to post this in here, because Garfin got locked into that thread, but this is one helluva post. (I think. :))

I can't wait for those dealer cars to arrive. :D

That reaction definitely is classic!

What??!! This is a V6??!! Are you sure it's a V6??!! I mean, are you REALLY sure it's a V6??

I was waiting for him to stop the car and make them open the hood. :sm0:

GTAHVIT 03-13-2009 12:08 PM

Pete,

Be sure to thank your friend from us for giving you the green light to post his comments.

Yes, I'm also a V8 junkie, but, My guess is there will be some sleeper V6's the will be absolutely stunning... I'd seriously consider having the V6 for the wife if she didn't love her Tahoe so damn much...