Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   My Power Steering Went Out Last Night!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28471)

turleylox 06-20-2009 08:47 AM

My Power Steering Went Out Last Night!!!

My Power Steering Went Out Last Night and I'm Angry.. :mad0259: Has anyone else experienced this yet? Also my trunck release is not working properly either. It just makes a clicking noise but doesn't unlatch the trunck. I called the dealer yestarday to let him know and he said it was probably just out of adjustment. I said OK and would bring it by next week and then last night this, whats next? :mad0260:

Supermans 06-20-2009 08:48 AM

Remember this is the first model year of this car. It will have issues..All of them will at some point..

Ject 06-20-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermans (Post 602932)
Remember this is the first model year of this car. It will have issues..All of them will at some point..

:word:

turleylox 06-20-2009 09:07 AM

Yeah I know, It just really Sucks. Do you think the dealer could fix this with a new Power Steering pump in one day?

turleylox 06-20-2009 09:11 AM

I just wonder if anyone else has had this same problem?

SS4PK 06-22-2009 02:48 PM

it seems the trunk sometimes will open when the car is locked and sometimes you have to hit the unlock button on the fob then hit the trunk button on the fob it will pop open? we are still trying to determine if this is a problem or us

JewelZ 06-22-2009 02:56 PM

I had a similar issue with my civic when I bought the first year model, but the steering didn't go out till bout 30k after, almost a whole year after buying it...

Terrellford12 06-22-2009 02:58 PM

THE FOURTH GEN HAD THE POWER STEERING LINE ISSUE

turleylox 06-22-2009 08:59 PM

Well they have it at the dealer now and he called to tell me that it was tnot the power steering pump but the steering gear box??? what the heck? he said it had a crack in either it or the line going to it but either way no one had the parts to replace it so he called Distribution with no luck either. He said he put in for a STAT express order to get it as soon as possible and he would call me tommorow with the estimated time of arrival. So i guess no car for the Transformers 2 Premier. Darn It! I was really wanting to show it off.

SSmoke 06-22-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS4PK (Post 609266)
it seems the trunk sometimes will open when the car is locked and sometimes you have to hit the unlock button on the fob then hit the trunk button on the fob it will pop open? we are still trying to determine if this is a problem or us

My trunk pop seems to be wacky too..sometimes you hear it try to unlatch the trunk twice when you hit the button on key keyfob. I haven't tried the interior popper yet...

capebretoner 07-19-2009 06:59 PM

power steering failed first weekend with my car, driving down the highway and the wheel just stiffend, power steering fluid all over the pavement, had it in the shop the day before to have the GFX installed. Dealer said fluid line leak.

Curty2010 07-23-2009 05:27 PM

Power steering

I just got my car on the 10th of July and on the 19th with only 309 miles on it the steering went out. The dealer said they ordered the pump(part) and has no clue to when it will be in (YIKES!!!!!) any suggestions?? how long did it take for them to get yours fixed?????

capebretoner 07-23-2009 09:47 PM

i had mine back the next evening, they were very speedy in getting it fixed.