Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   4th Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   BBC in the F-Body (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114905)

DRG BSTN SQUIRREL 11-10-2010 06:32 AM

BBC in the F-Body

I am putting my 427 in my 96 T/A. Havnt really looked into this too much and was wondering if anyone has any tips or problems they have ran into. The car is completly gutted/cagged/tubbed/etc so mods are not an issue.

BMR Sales 11-10-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL (Post 2533034)
I am putting my 427 in my 96 T/A. Havnt really looked into this too much and was wondering if anyone has any tips or problems they have ran into. The car is completly gutted/cagged/tubbed/etc so mods are not an issue.

We build a K-member for that particular car that allows to bolt a BBC/SBC motor into the car without issue. Here is a link to the K-member, take a look and if you have any questions let me know.

BMR BBC/SBC K-member

brandotron 11-10-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL (Post 2533034)

What are you doing about ignition? SBC/BBC distributor is inaccessible way back under the dash of a fourthgen.

In any event, POST PICS when you start the project! :thumbsup:

BMR Sales 11-10-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandotron (Post 2533878)
What are you doing about ignition? SBC/BBC distributor is inaccessible way back under the dash of a fourthgen.

In any event, POST PICS when you start the project! :thumbsup:

There a couple companies that make a smaller distributor to use and people use a crab cap instead of the traditional cap for the distributor. Another thing is that most guys who put BBC/SBC in the 4th gen f-bodys generally use them for racing and trim the cowl to help with access to the reaar of the engine.

Zabo 11-10-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 2534166)
There a couple companies that make a smaller distributor to use and people use a crab cap instead of the traditional cap for the distributor. Another thing is that most guys who put BBC/SBC in the 4th gen f-bodys generally use them for racing and trim the cowl to help with access to the reaar of the engine.

Anyone ever try putting a Pontiac division block into a 4th gen? From what I recall they should match SBC specs pretty close (albeit probably a bit taller since the Pontiac 350 and 455 used the same block)..

BMR Sales 11-10-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabo (Post 2534435)
Anyone ever try putting a Pontiac division block into a 4th gen? From what I recall they should match SBC specs pretty close (albeit probably a bit taller since the Pontiac 350 and 455 used the same block)..

The motor mount bolt pattern is different from a SBC to the Pontiac so our k-members wouldn't work with the old school Pontiac motors. Plus I think there would possibly be complications with the exhaust on the Pontiac motors due to how it comes off the head. There isn't much interest so we really haven't looked into it too much.

DRG BSTN SQUIRREL 11-11-2010 05:39 AM

I have just ordered the BMR K-member,a-arms, manual steering. I have the VFN fiberglass hood thats extended to the windsheild and the area that housed the wiper moter is all trimmed back to the firewall. I am either using my old powerglide or 400 tranny for it. Have the moser 12 bolt. Need some wheels for it soon if anyone is selling. As soon as I get back to the good ol USA ill start taking pics and posting them.

BMR Sales 11-11-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL (Post 2536377)
I have just ordered the BMR K-member,a-arms, manual steering. I have the VFN fiberglass hood thats extended to the windsheild and the area that housed the wiper moter is all trimmed back to the firewall. I am either using my old powerglide or 400 tranny for it. Have the moser 12 bolt. Need some wheels for it soon if anyone is selling. As soon as I get back to the good ol USA ill start taking pics and posting them.

Sounds like you have everything to bolt that BBC in the car. If you run into any issues installing the parts just give us a call at the shop.

DRG BSTN SQUIRREL 11-11-2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 2536568)
Sounds like you have everything to bolt that BBC in the car. If you run into any issues installing the parts just give us a call at the shop.

Instalation should be a breeze. Have the QA1's 12 way adjustable on the front, nothing on the rear for shocks, any suggestions? Also do you guys have a package deal on your pan hard rod and relocation kit?

DRG BSTN SQUIRREL 11-19-2010 06:30 AM

Ok guys, I have made it back to the states but I am stuck down in Key West for a few days. Maybe by turkey day I'll get home to start the build. I am truly excited to start and does anyone remember or know the axil housing size to the moser 12 bolt? I need to order the rear anti roll kit and am not home to measure.

BMR Sales 11-19-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL (Post 2536808)
Instalation should be a breeze. Have the QA1's 12 way adjustable on the front, nothing on the rear for shocks, any suggestions? Also do you guys have a package deal on your pan hard rod and relocation kit?

The 12 way adjustable QA1's will work well in the front. I would like into atleast doing the single adjustable QA1's in the back maybe even the double adjustables if you can swing it. I can work some kind of deal out with depending on how much you are looking to buy.

BMR Sales 11-19-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG BSTN SQUIRREL (Post 2560977)
Ok guys, I have made it back to the states but I am stuck down in Key West for a few days. Maybe by turkey day I'll get home to start the build. I am truly excited to start and does anyone remember or know the axil housing size to the moser 12 bolt? I need to order the rear anti roll kit and am not home to measure.

A Moser 12 bolt will have 3" axle tubes. Give me a call when you are ready to purchase some stuff and we can get you all set up with what you need.

Revo1 11-19-2010 09:56 AM

Showoff ;)

DRG BSTN SQUIRREL 11-19-2010 12:35 PM

:thumbup:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 2561439)
Showoff ;)