Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Mpd1 hoods are available again… (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601145)

Level300 01-07-2022 11:59 PM

Mpd1 hoods are available again…

Having missed the opportunity to buy one of Eric’s hoods I would search now and again to see if there was any new development in who bought his molds. There was a deal that fell through and the sale didn’t happen, etc.

Last year, I found the company. We emailed a few times about mpd1 and I helped them identify which bottom mold went to what top mold where I could. I wasn't much of a help since I basically only recognized the copo and the cowl hood. The gen5 hoods are but a small subset of the molds they bought. They basically received a bunch of molds with little to no documentation. It would take some time to get things sorted out.

Well, It looks like they have figured things out and the mpd1 hoods are back in production and for sale.

If you always wanted an mpd1 hood but missed the opportunity to get one (like me) today is your lucky day.

If you buy one, don’t forget to post pictures when you get your hood. I plan on picking one up in the spring.

https://kaminari.com/collections/chevrolet-camaro

1JEWLDSSRS 01-08-2022 07:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Man that's totally awesome news!!! I just hope they put the quality into then that Eric did!! I drove down to his shop when he was with us to have him install mine. Very awesome hood for sure...

Attachment 1088888

:happy0180:

Level300 01-08-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11117809)
Man that's totally awesome news!!! I just hope they put the quality into then that Eric did!! I drove down to his shop when he was with us to have him install mine. Very awesome hood for sure...

Attachment 1088888

:happy0180:

I think they will do his work justice. This company seems to have been in the automotive aftermarket industry for a while. The work involved to “fix” a hood after it comes out depends on the mold. As long as they don’t break that mold, it should come out the same (all things being equal) like he built it.

1JEWLDSSRS 01-09-2022 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Level300 (Post 11118042)
I think they will do his work justice. This company seems to have been in the automotive aftermarket industry for a while. The work involved to “fix” a hood after it comes out depends on the mold. As long as they don’t break that mold, it should come out the same (all things being equal) like he built it.

Totally awesome, I hope so!! My hood was, according to my body shop guy, THE BEST AFTERMARKET PIECE BODY PIECE HE HAS EVER SEEN!! That says a lot. Hardly no prep was needed to paint it, and I have had it for about 6 years now. :happy0180:

alice 01-11-2022 08:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11118169)
Totally awesome, I hope so!! My hood was, according to my body shop guy, THE BEST AFTERMARKET PIECE BODY PIECE HE HAS EVER SEEN!! That says a lot. Hardly no prep was needed to paint it, and I have had it for about 6 years now. :happy0180:

Here's mine! Same as 1JEWLDSSRS. He's correct. The hood is the best aftermarket I have ever seen. It's been on the car for about 7 years. Quality, quality, quality! Underside looks as good as the top side!

1JEWLDSSRS 01-11-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alice (Post 11118962)
Here's mine! Same as 1JEWLDSSRS. He's correct. The hood is the best aftermarket I have ever seen. It's been on the car for about 7 years. Quality, quality, quality! Underside looks as good as the top side!

HEY!! There she is!! Awesome Alice!!!! FTW... Thanks for posting those pics! Gotta be the coolest looking Camaro here!! Always nice to see her. I just put these pics in my awesome Camaro folder, if you don't mind.. lol..:thumbup::bow:

alice 01-11-2022 05:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11118964)
HEY!! There she is!! Awesome Alice!!!! FTW... Thanks for posting those pics! Gotta be the coolest looking Camaro here!! Always nice to see her. I just put these pics in my awesome Camaro folder, if you don't mind.. lol..:thumbup::bow:

Here's a few pictures of the interior! Enjoy!

1JEWLDSSRS 01-12-2022 09:31 AM

Oh boy!!! That's cool!! Thanks for sharing... Very nice!!

TheFlyingBananaSS 01-14-2022 11:40 AM

Unfortunately I don't see the mpd1. Sand several part numbers have no images at all��*♂️��*♂️

AG454 01-15-2022 02:18 PM

That’s good to hear, Eric made incredible hood’s. I have had one for about seven years.

1JEWLDSSRS 01-16-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG454 (Post 11120934)
That’s good to hear, Eric made incredible hood’s. I have had one for about seven years.

Yes he did!! I had the pleasure of meeting him when I drove down to his shop and he installed and "tweaked" the fit for me. Awesome and very nice guy!! Sad that we lost him. But the way I see it now, I have one of his "masterpieces" on MY Camaro!! RIP Eric!! :bow::bow::thumbup:

Royal Tiger 02-12-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS (Post 11120444)
Unfortunately I don't see the mpd1. Sand several part numbers have no images at all��*♂️��*♂️

Yeah pretty poor website. Who asks for $1000 and doesn’t even provide an image? And the ones that have a picture barely show the hood. I’d be interested but I’d like to actually SEE it.

1JEWLDSSRS 02-12-2022 05:09 PM

Yea, that is kinds vague isn't it. They really need more pics of the hoods that do show, underside and all, and add the pics for the others! I wouldn't buy anything I can't see either. Makes ya wonder....

alice 02-13-2022 02:35 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's a few better pictures of my hood that better shows the underside and how it looks from the drivers seat. The quality was absolutely outstanding both on the top side and the bottom side. I've purchased many hoods over my life from other manufacturers and never saw the quality of his hood..