Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Las Vegas Findlay Chevrolet's Camaro GREAT! Took my Camaro home! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22711)

lordfriday2 05-14-2009 01:31 AM

PICS Las Vegas Findlay Chevrolet is GREAT! Took my Camaro home!

8 Attachment(s)
**EDIT UPDATED WITH PICS!***

As you guys all know my damn car has been held up in quality hold for the "ECU" reflash forever...

Findlay Chevrolet had been advertising their unveil for the tonight the 13th,

So... tonight I was on my way to the dealership to see the unveil, they were also holding a raffle for $1000.00 and they also had food and drinks for everyone... there were about 60-100 people that showed up. as I pulled in, George Herold (the fleet manager called me) and told me I was going to be late for the 1000.00 raffle. I told him I was just pulling in!

The showroom had two camaros undercover, at 6:45PM they did their unveil, one of the general managers asked for an audience member to help with the unveil, and after a few seconds George Herold asked if I was in the audience, I responded and stepped forward... The GM had me step to one side as he was giving the audience the speak about the camaro and how they were hoping to sell a bunch of them, he then told me that we had to be extremely careful with the car cover as not to scratch the car... He then said that after the covers were pulled my job was to protect the car! (He knows I do security for a living and I thought that was pretty funny.) well as soon as we lifted the cover he asked me if I recognized the color... first thing that pops in my head is NO F***NG WAY!" I don't remember what I blurted out I think it was, are you serious???, and I kind of went dizzy as I pulled the rest of the cover off... as the cover fell to the floor he blurted out, here is your car!
I couldn't believe it!! THERE WAS MY VIN #590!!! and there I AM WITHOUT MY CAMERA!!! I was absolutely in shock as I was not expecting it whatsoever... everyone there was great...

after some negotiation on my trade, and signing my life away, I took the Camaro straight up I215 to Las Vegas Blvd and cruised the strip and took the LONG way home... HE'S now happily in my driveway and i'll be able to finally get some sleep!

I want to thank George and Findlay for giving me an absolutely MEMORABLE EXPERIENCE!!, And Member Wlvrine who was there and introduced himself...

If anyone was there and got pictures PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST THEM... tomorrow when I get home from work i'll take plenty of pictures... :D

tylermoore 05-14-2009 01:38 AM

OMFG dude that is the coolest sh@t i have ever heard off, i know you were siked when you threw that cover MAN YOU SUCK!!!!!

Just kidding ohhh and

:needpics:

2010SSRSM6 05-14-2009 01:42 AM

AWESOME STORY!!! :happyanim:

That is how dealerships everywhere should treat their customers! I can't believe they did something that cool! Congrats! :happyanim:

Mindz 05-14-2009 01:57 AM

Man, I want to see the look on your face when you figured it out...

Super grats!!! I guess this makes up for my destroying your brute huh?

Milk 1027 05-14-2009 01:58 AM

Great story!!!! :thumbup:

Now show us some pics

GMtothecore 05-14-2009 02:13 AM

Good stuff.....enjoy your baby

lordfriday2 05-14-2009 02:15 AM

I wish I had pics of the unveil, i'm sure they do... and would allow me the pictures of it.

ClaymoreZ28 05-14-2009 07:13 AM

Congratulations !
Sounds like you have a dealer with real heart and soul.

many thanks for sharing this - made my morning

tones2SS 05-14-2009 09:10 AM

That is pretty awesome!!!
Sounds like a real cool dealership!:headbang:

01pewterz28 05-14-2009 09:18 AM

That ROCKS and what could be better but you unveiled your own car. I sure hope they had photos of that.

Congrats on the new 5th Gen

Sean

live2well 05-14-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 (Post 486149)
Congratulations !
Sounds like you have a dealer with real heart and soul.

many thanks for sharing this - made my morning

X2

Sctrjn21 05-14-2009 09:21 AM

That is a great story. Congrats on the car. How was the drive home?

lordfriday2 05-14-2009 09:29 AM

Drive home from the vegas strip was awesome... I was estataric.. then my brother wanted to drive it.... Can't say no to the brother.... Girlfriend gets her lesson in driving it on saturday in a desolate location... and I'm going to LA memorial day for LA invasion with my other roommmate... ILve got it parked infront of the office that I do security at and itLs still unreal :]

speedster 05-14-2009 09:36 AM

Now THAT is the way to get your car !!!

Congrats to you and the dealer.

I will bet that you will support that dealer forever...