Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anybody else feel insecure parking your camaro in public? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210164)

Hlogan220 03-17-2012 03:20 AM

Anybody else feel insecure parking your camaro in public?

Two days after i first got my 2012 llt IBM, an f'n douche scratched the passenger side fender with a nail....

Luckily my dealer's friend made a deal with me and did the paint job for free but still i was pretty damn pissed...

And multiple other times, when i was standing pretty far from my car, having a conversation with somebody or taking care of some business, some guy walks by my car and takes a tour around, staring the crap out of the car, and walks away as i press the panic button.

Am i the only one who frequently deals with these kinds of people?

jd10013 03-17-2012 04:51 AM

never had a problem with mine, but I only drive it on the weekends and haven't had it a month yet.

BLACK ACE 03-17-2012 05:48 AM

I wonder about valet parking services.

Revo1 03-17-2012 06:08 AM

Every time I park it.

STINGER BEE 03-17-2012 06:15 AM

When I go to a public place, I stay with it or park it where it can be watched and usually the wife or me stays with the car at all times.I just use it sometimes for a joy during the sunny week evenings and and weekends depending on weather.

rberns 03-17-2012 06:33 AM

My car is only parked in my garage, at a car show, or at may work on weekends when nobody else is around and it is a secured location so the general public cannot come on to the property.

Vipercar 03-17-2012 07:40 AM

Always, but it is only a week end cruiser so I never park in plazas and parking lots.

ToolFan66 03-17-2012 07:52 AM

After I came out and found spit running down my driver side window and door it's always within eye shot..

BAD DAB 03-17-2012 07:56 AM

Yep!

IROCanSS 03-17-2012 07:56 AM

Never. I try to select my parking spots to minimize potential damage but when I walk off to go into where ever I walk off. I don't watch the car, I don't feel insecure, I don't make my wife stay with the car... etc. in almost 3 years and 30,000 the only dings and scratches on it are caused by my carelessness. Not a big deal.

Everyone needs ease up and take this car off a pedestal. Sure, it's a bad azz mo fo... But come on, you're going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about it.

Pay your insurance and forget about it. Scratches/dings can be fixed and it won't effect the ever diminishing value of these cars any more than the passage of time.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep

Im_Fly_Like_A_V6 03-17-2012 08:12 AM

When i first got my 2011 i was looking out of the window at my job and saw security walking around it ... Putting their hands on the window to look inside... But they jumped and got scared when i hit the panic button .. Truly an lol moment especially since i had everyone gather around and see it all go down

Wakemaker89 03-17-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCanSS (Post 4659805)
Never. I try to select my parking spots to minimize potential damage but when I walk off to go into where ever I walk off. I don't watch the car, I don't feel insecure, I don't make my wife stay with the car... etc. in almost 3 years and 30,000 the only dings and scratches on it are caused by my carelessness. Not a big deal.

Everyone needs ease up and take this car off a pedestal. Sure, it's a bad azz mo fo... But come on, you're going to give yourself an ulcer worrying about it.

Pay your insurance and forget about it. Scratches/dings can be fixed and it won't effect the ever diminishing value of these cars any more than the passage of time.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep

This! If you are so worried about it make it a garage queen that only comes out for shows or a weekend trip to the drag strip.

catalan 03-17-2012 08:22 AM

Always find a parking where at least one door is facing a wall or sideways. Never park in the middle between two cars .. The Camaro is very wide and anyone can bang the doors by mistake on the side of the car .. Just be careful and you should be fine.

Jamie Mac 03-17-2012 08:30 AM

Sure, I worry. I worry when I park my truck too. Or the wife's truck or car. Nothing I stress about. Over 30,000 miles to the mall, grocery store, restaurants, hotels, car cruises, state parks, ball games. Parked at all of them. Walked away, enjoyed whatever life experience we were going to do and returned to the car when it was time to leave. The car has been out since 2009 and nobody really cares anymore. Your average person won't even notice when the ZL1 hits the streets.