Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Re-introducing the "12 Disciples of which there are 15" (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3418)

fbodfather 03-27-2008 09:30 PM

Re-introducing the "12 Disciples of which there are 15"

-guess I got a lot of peoples' attention with my post this past week where I mentioned the "12 disciples of which there are 15" --

.......so I went back into the archives and found a post I made right after the selection process:

Here it is:

It's crucial that we get input on many product decisions from our enthusiast group. We normally get it from many sources -- including competitor owners......but I believe that it's absolutely necessary to get stuff in front of our enthusiasts....cuz what good is it if we build a car that doesn't deliver what you're looking for? (and please -- go back and read this last paragraph......we've talked to competitive owners -- and intenders -- )

Soooooo......

We went out to a "private" site that has about 1,000 members-- and posted an invitation for the members to submit an essay as to why they'd be ideal for a Camaro Summit. (before someone starts with 'why didn't you post it on all sites??' -- keep in mind that everyone is quite busy right now -- and frankly while it might be interesting to read thru a thousand or more essays, we simply don't have the time to do so.......further, we think we have a great cross-section of enthusiasts)

We received less essays that I'd thought we'd get......but the ones we got were GREAT.........

We tried to balance the group based on male/female -- HH Income -- Geographic Location -- Camaro/Firebird/Corvette ownership -- those active in clubs and the internet -- and -- most importantly-- AGE..........

And so I'm pleased to announce the group:

· Mr. Dan Porcaro -- High Bridge, NJ
· Ms. Cara Ferguson -- San Antonio, TX
· Ms. Selena Muhoberac -- Kenner, LA
· Mr. Jeremy Donovan -- Wallops Island, VA
· Mr. Jason Debler -- Clinton Twp, MI
· Ms. Sherrie Slocum -- Akron, OH
· Ms. Maggie Finn -- Colton, OR
· Ms. Cetera Heino -- Hillsboro, OR
· Mr. Chris Livote -- Chester, NY
· Mr. Kevin Kolvenbach -- Pine Bush, NY
· Mr. Elie Garfinkel -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
· Ms. Janet Curran -- Yucaipa, CA

Three alternates were also selected for the summit in the event any of the original twelve selected participants can not attend. The three alternates are:

· Mr. Tim DeYoung -- South Holland, IL
· Mr. Art Schroeder -- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
· Ms. Millicent Odell -- Dallas, TX

We'll host them at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, MI in May of this year.......

Now is a good time to let your thoughts be known -- as you can see, there are a couple of members from this site that were selected.

Scotsman 03-27-2008 09:34 PM

"Thoughts be known" as in questions?

2KZ28_For_Now 03-28-2008 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 56583)
-guess I got a lot of peoples' attention with my post this past week where I mentioned the "12 disciples of which there are 15" --

.......so I went back into the archives and found a post I made right after the selection process:

Here it is:

It's crucial that we get input on many product decisions from our enthusiast group. We normally get it from many sources -- including competitor owners......but I believe that it's absolutely necessary to get stuff in front of our enthusiasts....cuz what good is it if we build a car that doesn't deliver what you're looking for? (and please -- go back and read this last paragraph......we've talked to competitive owners -- and intenders -- )

Soooooo......

We went out to a "private" site that has about 1,000 members-- and posted an invitation for the members to submit an essay as to why they'd be ideal for a Camaro Summit. (before someone starts with 'why didn't you post it on all sites??' -- keep in mind that everyone is quite busy right now -- and frankly while it might be interesting to read thru a thousand or more essays, we simply don't have the time to do so.......further, we think we have a great cross-section of enthusiasts)

We received less essays that I'd thought we'd get......but the ones we got were GREAT.........

We tried to balance the group based on male/female -- HH Income -- Geographic Location -- Camaro/Firebird/Corvette ownership -- those active in clubs and the internet -- and -- most importantly-- AGE..........

And so I'm pleased to announce the group:

· Mr. Dan Porcaro -- High Bridge, NJ
· Ms. Cara Ferguson -- San Antonio, TX
· Ms. Selena Muhoberac -- Kenner, LA
· Mr. Jeremy Donovan -- Wallops Island, VA
· Mr. Jason Debler -- Clinton Twp, MI
· Ms. Sherrie Slocum -- Akron, OH
· Ms. Maggie Finn -- Colton, OR
· Ms. Cetera Heino -- Hillsboro, OR
· Mr. Chris Livote -- Chester, NY
· Mr. Kevin Kolvenbach -- Pine Bush, NY
· Mr. Elie Garfinkel -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
· Ms. Janet Curran -- Yucaipa, CA

Three alternates were also selected for the summit in the event any of the original twelve selected participants can not attend. The three alternates are:

· Mr. Tim DeYoung -- South Holland, IL
· Mr. Art Schroeder -- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
· Ms. Millicent Odell -- Dallas, TX

We'll host them at the GM Proving Grounds in Milford, MI in May of this year.......

Now is a good time to let your thoughts be known -- as you can see, there are a couple of members from this site that were selected.

we should be SO WORTHY. Post away, My Friend!!!

PS - Elie - are you married? If not, I'd like to propose a "Camaro match, made in Heaven."

Oh, yah - I forgot to add "I LOVE YOU!"

LOL

Jeff 03-28-2008 07:26 AM

Those lucky people.. one from my city too! Wow who is she lol.

Mindz 03-28-2008 07:42 AM

I believe the "thoughts be known" part is our feedback on the car. They'll be our spokespeople as GM will be taking their opinions and suggestions. Whether or not they use them is still to be determined, but you have a better chance if they say something in May, then posting here or writing a letter to GM directly.

Did I win?

2KZ28_For_Now 03-28-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindz (Post 56868)
I believe the "thoughts be known" part is our feedback on the car. They'll be our spokespeople as GM will be taking their opinions and suggestions. Whether or not they use them is still to be determined, but you have a better chance if they say something in May, then posting here or writing a letter to GM directly.

Did I win?

well, I obviously LOST. that must mean something.....

Mindz 03-28-2008 07:47 AM

=P

garfin 03-28-2008 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now (Post 56813)
we should be SO WORTHY. Post away, My Friend!!!

PS - Elie - are you married? If not, I'd like to propose a "Camaro match, made in Heaven."

Oh, yah - I forgot to add "I LOVE YOU!"

LOL

I am agog, I am aghast! :confused0068: :w00t: :thanks:
Actually, Shirley and I will be celebrating our 35th in June!:thumbup:

Best regardSS,

Elie

radz28 03-28-2008 10:25 AM

I am so jealous. At least we can rest assured we have some great people from this site that will be providing input to GM.

PS - Please make sure to add that we want a supercharged 6.2 :drool: :headbang: :burnrubber: :evil:

TAG UR IT 03-28-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

PS - Please make sure to add that we want a supercharged 6.2
;)

GTAHVIT 03-28-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz282003 (Post 56928)
I am so jealous. At least we can rest assured we have some great people from this site that will be providing input to GM.

PS - Please make sure to add that we want a supercharged 6.2 :drool: :headbang: :burnrubber: :evil:

+ 1,000,000

OctaneZ28 03-28-2008 12:32 PM

I've posted a feedback thread over on my site:
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5577

Since I'm a member of the Focus Group, you can be assured that your thoughts will be DIRECTLY delivered to the right ears!
Feel free to post up. :)

MattD 03-28-2008 12:49 PM

Nice, those are some lucky people.

acscamarochick06 03-28-2008 02:20 PM

Hey, can I be number 16?! :) lol