Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   2014 1LE Weigh In! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461728)

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 12:50 PM

2014 1LE Weigh In!

I will be working on weight reduction on my car. I thought I would share as things progress.

My 1LE is a 2014 1SS with factory added Recaros and NPP. The 1LE registry shows the car weight of 3860 but my door sticker shows 4600. So I went and weighed in on a scale that was just updated with new electronics and calibration. I tried to jump out of the car so I just had the car weight but the lady tapped me in to soon. So I have to go weigh myself to deduct from the weigh in.

I am showing my weight ticket of 4040 with me in the car. I did do an engine bay clean up so may have shed a few ounces.:lol:. The most weight reduction so far was the headers from factory to aftermarket. This week I will be pulling out my sub and amp. I will also be pulling the entire back seating including seatbelts. I will weigh each as I go with pics for you guys. I will be doing what weight reductions I can without holding up the car, so I can drive the rest of the year up until around October. Then I will hit it hard with weight reduction mods.

Currently 4040# minus cheeseburger eating driver.:pound:. My weight TBD..

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 811636

68rssscamaro 07-31-2016 01:02 PM

When you go to get it inspected by the good ole NYS safety they may fail it if you remove the rear seat and belts. They did it to a friend of mine, they said he was tampering with the factory safety equipment....LOL!

Anyway good luck with the diet.

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 01:12 PM

Not sweating that. Good friend owns the shop I go to. NYS has gotten way to deep in car inspections these days though. But even with them so deep in a car inspection I still see shit boxes all over the place around here. From what I was just told we may have to pass a 2 bank emissions test like California so this may damper exhaust mods on our cars. Also was told they are fighting to not allow any aftermarket windows tint at all. Glad I did not do the tint and held off if this is true.

vinman 07-31-2016 01:25 PM

Are you going to start racing it?

HogsFan75 07-31-2016 01:34 PM

This is my local CAT scale. Car only, 1/4 tank of fuel.

Just so you know, everyone who has seen this thinks the scales were off. Because it should be around 3860.

That said I talked to CAT and they guarantee accuracy within 20 lbs. I think you really need corner scales for a truly accurate weight.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...swlv8zqe3.jpeg

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 01:44 PM

I had a 1/8 tank of fuel when I weighed in.

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 01:48 PM

In hopes I can get a four corner weigh in at a car show some day. The one I used was just redone so I am going to except it's really really close. It was closed the day before for the upgrades and recalibration. So I went back then next day and weighs in 4040. I think I was more concerned with the wrong weight in the door posting that must be for a regular ss in our doors.

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 01:52 PM

No on tracking the car Vin ...just running the streets and drag strip at times. Cost way to much to run a track for me. My cousin lives down south and has a track only car and man I think he would own a farrari or lambo for how much he has spent over the years.

68rssscamaro 07-31-2016 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 (Post 9232522)
Not sweating that. Good friend owns the shop I go to. NYS has gotten way to deep in car inspections these days though. But even with them so deep in a car inspection I still see shit boxes all over the place around here. From what I was just told we may have to pass a 2 bank emissions test like California so this may damper exhaust mods on our cars. Also was told they are fighting to not allow any aftermarket windows tint at all. Glad I did not do the tint and held off if this is true.

Good lord! I knew about the tint, but not the emissions. Time to register in another state.

mlee 07-31-2016 02:04 PM

So are ya a big ole boy or what?

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 02:12 PM

Lmao.. Last year I was 185-189..height 5'11. This year after this winter ..oh boy! TBD
I'm heading out now to step on up the scale.
I don't see our home bath scale, or its hidden; so I think my woman must of said oh boy too! LOL

Jayjellyfish212 07-31-2016 03:55 PM

Holy S@!T!! I ate and drank too much over a year and no daily workouts:faint:.

Now I know why my neighbors gave us a set of his and her mountain bikes for free. "And they said they were just cleaning out their garage :facepalm:. "
It's true others can see what you can not..hahaha.

So an unimpressive weigh in for me was 214.6#. Yikes.
I did wear same clothes as I did when I weighed the car just to keep as accurate as I can.

Gonna do a little weight reduction to the driver as I go on this mission:help:.

With all I took off the car for engine bay clean up, I added a CAI cold air intake and BBK shorty's, the car is at 3825.4#. That's with a 1/8 tank of gas at weigh in.

I just bought a up to 70# scale for the parts to be weighed in as they come off.

mlee 07-31-2016 03:57 PM

That's a good thing... think of it this way, your car is much lighter now.

I was hoping you were about 300 :lol: