Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do you hate stripes? I hate stripes. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100709)

lets_go_bills 08-15-2010 06:12 PM

Do you hate stripes? I hate stripes.

I'll start off by saying that this isn't meant to be a negative thread. To each his own and I respect every Camaro owner's choices. :headbang:

I'm just curious how many of you out there hate the look of the stripes on the Camaro. I can't stand them and it almost seems like I'm in the minority on this here. Lol. :D

Anybody else dislike the stripes?

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

Phoenix328 08-15-2010 06:15 PM

originally i did, but im thinking of stripes now. i didnt really like the color options for stripes that would look good with my car. i really hate the color white and that is what would look good with ibm. i also didnt like the rally stripes. now im thinking of getting the transformer stripes in the color silver. this all started with me seeing a ibm camaro with silver rally stripes and after seeing it in person i really really liked it i thought it was hot!

Tallboy 08-15-2010 06:19 PM

99% of the stripes are "wrong". Stripes on the hood and trunklid, but NOT on the roof and front and rear bumpers covers looks horribly wrong to me.

A striped car should look like it drove under a "stripe-dripping paint machine". The stripes should go from the very font to the very back, otherwise it just doesn't look right.

One of the reasons I ordered a car without them.

SSLarry 08-15-2010 06:20 PM

I hate you for hating stripes :D

Stormyone 08-15-2010 06:25 PM

I like the stripes just as they are... they remind me of the stripes that were on the 68 and 69 camaros, and also the 70 chevelles....

i007spectre 08-15-2010 06:33 PM

if stripes on the roof look better to you, buy a mustang.

hubcap 08-15-2010 06:34 PM

I love the stripes. I havent seen any camaro i didnt like.
I mean except the 26" wheels and bad taste paint colors.
Bottom line is its your car---have fun!

flyby 08-15-2010 06:39 PM

NO

biojack 08-15-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lets_go_bills (Post 2222775)
I'll start off by saying that this isn't meant to be a negative thread. To each his own and I respect every Camaro owner's choices. :headbang:

I'm just curious how many of you out there hate the look of the stripes on the Camaro. I can't stand them and it almost seems like I'm in the minority on this here. Lol. :D

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

So?

Not post worthy...C5 going to shit...

spyderbuddy 08-15-2010 06:41 PM

Love the stripes makes it look sporter

Lbness 08-15-2010 06:43 PM

I left mine on the trunk ...
I saw it kinda another way ... the paint was too nice to cover.

SQUALO 08-15-2010 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lets_go_bills (Post 2222775)

P.S.

I also hate the GFX.

Thanks for respecting those with stripes. I have to admit, I chose stripes at the last minute, when ordering my car, and I like how they emphasize the base color. On the flip side, I would have been happy without, less maintence, and the Camaro still looks awesome. I was parked next to a fellow forum member, who doesn't have stripes, and his car seemed to have a wider stance look. In the end, to each their own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallboy (Post 2222802)
99% of the stripes are "wrong". Stripes on the hood and trunklid, but NOT on the roof and front and rear bumpers covers looks horribly wrong to me.

A striped car should look like it drove under a "stripe-dripping paint machine". The stripes should go from the very font to the very back, otherwise it just doesn't look right.

One of the reasons I ordered a car without them.

Roof stripes are, and always have been a Mustang trait.

Attachment 154799

Quote:

Originally Posted by i007spectre (Post 2222841)
if stripes on the roof look better to you, buy a mustang.

:word:

Kahdir 08-15-2010 06:48 PM

I like stripes depending on the color combo... :iono:

jagan323 08-15-2010 06:49 PM

I've seen some nice ones... GFX and stripes. I think depends on the person driving it really. I just dont think Stripes really fit me =p Im not super flashy/racey lol.