Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help with color choice (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103159)

LED Crazy 08-29-2010 08:22 PM

Help with color choice

I am a mear month or less away from getting my baby.. I've been thinking abot this for a very long time.. Now that I am so close.. I don't know what color to get.. I am tied between an IOM because of it's amazing color along with the IO interior and the Gray Metallic because of it's stealthy look. If you were in my shoes.. Which color would you select and why? I need all the help I can get :)
:readthethread::iono:

ComayroLouver 08-29-2010 08:26 PM

if money is not an issue id say Ralley Yellow w/ black stripes (just a personal favorite ). But if i were buying a daily driver id probly go with one of the greys or black (idk what the exact color names r sorry!!!) Because a yellow one would end up being annoying on a daily bassis, plus its easy for cops to see and attracts their attention. The IOM look very nice also.... but as i said with the yellow, it will atract a little more attention, which could be a good thing:) ive seen both in person, and where i live (Florida = heat) id go with the IOM.

But if i were you, id go with a black (if its not boiling where you live). Like you said, the stealthy look suits the 5th gens very nicely (IMO ).

But whatever will make you wake and be like "F*** YEAH! I DRIVE THAT!" should work just fine:)

Sir Nuke 08-29-2010 08:30 PM

IOM w/ the interior is the only way to go!

stikSS 08-29-2010 08:32 PM

I own both colors, and the IOM is easier to keep clean, stands out more. Not knocking the CGM, it only looks good in the sunlight IMO.

We were goin for the CGM with iom stripes and io interior but couldn't find one and didn't have time to order.... So we just added the iom stripes to the car and it is an awesome color combo.... But I love the iom paint!

camaroitalia 08-29-2010 08:34 PM

i bought myself a cgm! i love the dark stealth look, but its not black like a lot of other cars. Also the metallic flakes in the paint are beautiful imo!

ss=scuba steve 08-29-2010 08:49 PM

I am obviously biased here, I think all colors are super sweet on the Camaro. But I went to the dealer at evening time (8 p.m.) and saw the CGM and thought "man that gray looks close to black at night". I went the next afternoon and saw it and said " damn! it's gray!" Then upon closer inspection I saw the blue flakes in the paint, and that was it.... I was hooked. Haven't stopped getting comments on it since I got it.... nor have I gotten rid of the permagrin. Can't really go wrong with any color on this car though.......

JUISSD 08-29-2010 09:08 PM

My favorite color on cars has always been dark gray metallic. After having a Dark Shadow Gray Lightning, my first choice in a Camaro was Cyber Gray. However after seeing the Summit White with Inferno Orange stripes and interior I was hooked. It reminded me of when I first fell in love with Camaros when I was a kid and saw a '69 Pace Car. By far the best color combo in my opinion!

KEEP RT 08-29-2010 09:09 PM

I much perfer the black with IOM stripes and Interior.:thumbup:

Brownhornitt 08-29-2010 09:21 PM

Daily driver = Gray
Garage Hero = Orange

pugandbull 08-29-2010 09:33 PM

CGM with IO interior!

SSLarry 08-29-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugandbull (Post 2275665)
CGM with IO interior!

I should have ordered that but I couldn't wait so I settled for the CGM/black.

2010 SSRS 08-29-2010 09:40 PM

IOM is the correct choice :)

Caspers2SSRS 08-29-2010 10:37 PM

Summit White modifies easiest with the broader of personal touches. :happyanim:

d69chris 08-29-2010 10:41 PM

CGM !!!

I have the only IOM!:sm0: