Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   XM Renewal (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112726)

snowtrill 10-26-2010 01:19 PM

XM Renewal

I am planning on getting my XM renewed as long as I can get the 1 year for $77. Has anyone gotten this deal and then added a second radio? If so how much did it cost?

I have a small one that I cancelled service on a few months ago but I'd like to reactivate it as long as it won't be very much.

Cheers

BarticusRu 10-26-2010 01:32 PM

According to everything I've read on the site, you don't want to give them a credit card number.

Dave Coyle 10-26-2010 02:49 PM

I can't answer your question about the cost of "adding" another radio but I can tell you two things, do not use your credit card to pay for this, if you do, the special is over when it expires and they will hit your card with a renewal at the "normal" cost and it will be higher than the "special" rate. Second, just keep blowing them off when they call and they will finally offer you the deal they gave me, $25 for 5 months. Tell them to send you the bill in the mail, which they will, and then pay with a check, that way when the offer runs out, they will have to call you or send another bill in the mail for the $25 special.

67 Convertible 10-26-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Coyle (Post 2484188)
I can't answer your question about the cost of "adding" another radio but I can tell you two things, do not use your credit card to pay for this, if you do, the special is over when it expires and they will hit your card with a renewal at the "normal" cost and it will be higher than the "special" rate. Second, just keep blowing them off when they call and they will finally offer you the deal they gave me, $25 for 5 months. Tell them to send you the bill in the mail, which they will, and then pay with a check, that way when the offer runs out, they will have to call you or send another bill in the mail for the $25 special.

I've posted this before......After my 3 month trial, I called to renew at the $77 yr. promo price....done in 2 minutes, no problem, no hassle. They HAVE my CC# on file.

The year ran out Sept. 30th of this year. About the middle of Sept. I called them to renew for another yr. at $77. The person who answered said there were no promo's available. I ask to speak to a supervisor. Told the supervisor I wanted to renew another year at $77. She said "no problem, happy to do it". Took two minutes again, and I'm good for another year at $77. I have had no problems or issues with XM at all, never needed to threaten cancellation, and they have my CC on file. Guess I'm just lucky??? :iono:

Rich1 10-26-2010 03:01 PM

I called and canceled the day before my special deal was to expire. They then offered me a 5 month $19.95 deal that I took. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It was an additional few dollars for paying by check. As was said, I was not going to give them my credit card number.

snowtrill 10-26-2010 04:02 PM

I didn't have any problems when I cancelled the other radio, in fact I just got an email offering the $77 for a year for that radio but they have never called me. It would be nice to have the second radio but I don't use it enough to pay another $77.

I also like the 5 months for 19.95.

augustst8607 10-26-2010 04:40 PM

definitely don't give them your credit card number,,,,or you'll have automatic renewals forever.

bob vogel 10-26-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarticusRu (Post 2483886)
According to everything I've read on the site, you don't want to give them a credit card number.

:yikes: i did that , boy was that a problem.

2010SSRSM6 10-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob vogel (Post 2484619)
:yikes: i did that , boy was that a problem.

I bought my wife a mobile unit and never installed it. They activated it when i ordered it and tried to bill me for it. :paddle:

I got an e-mail for $4.95 a month for 6 months. Good until the 31st. No code, just call and renew by the EOM.

JSC81 10-26-2010 07:51 PM

I got the 20 for 5 month deal.

CamaroScotty 10-26-2010 08:40 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you can buy prepaid XM cards at Best Buy

snowtrill 10-26-2010 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroScotty (Post 2485429)
If I'm not mistaken, you can buy prepaid XM cards at Best Buy

From what I can see online they have $30 and $55 cards. Great idea!

Samson 10-30-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC81 (Post 2485245)
I got the 20 for 5 month deal.

same here. but i chose to have them send me a bill in the mail. I know that if they take your CC#, they will automatically charge your card and continue your service without notifying you first. but on another note, when I called to cancel after 5 months, i told the rep that i wouldn't renew unless they gave it to me for the same deal. they ended up giving me 5 months for $20 again. didn't realize there was a $77 for 1 yr promo. After this 5 months is up I'll try to get that deal from them.

Jacqs 10-31-2010 06:27 AM

After my 3 month trial, I just bought the lifetime. I didn't want to spend $77 this year and end up buying it later on. I'll be customizing and fussing with my car forever - there's no way I'd sell it. Totally worth the money to me.