Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southcentral (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New Girl in Town (where is my Arkansas F-Body Crew?) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159570)

BowtieBelle 07-18-2011 11:18 PM

New Girl in Town (where is my Arkansas F-Body Crew?)

Hey all! Covering all my bases in my excitement and excited to find a 5th Gen Forum! I'm Sarah. I'm 28, almost done with my Master's degree, and since I was 8 years old and I saw my babysitter's '94 Camaro Z28, I wanted one.

My Tahoe blew up on me last week, and rather than buy ANOTHER used car with a new host of problems, I decided to take the mad leap and get my first new vehicle-- the car I've always dreamed of! Meet my 2011 Imperial Blue Metallic Camaro R/S. :)

:happyanim:

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af67/tbw1983/cam.jpg

:wub:

She's all stock; I haven't done anything to her yet, but I plan on it. Just don't know what yet. Would love suggestions! Nothing too ostentatious, as I like my girl to be elegant, understated but sexy ;) I'm all about American muscle, specifically Chevrolet (Camaro/Chevelle/etc). I can tell ya, I am loving the R/S with these awesome 20" rims and Pirelli's! Thinking about a heritage grille and R/S Badge?

Anyway, I've tinkered with Camaros for years (My ex had a third and 4th gen) and I used to dirt-track race back in high school. Someone on another forum referred me here; I want to meet people who love motorsports and racing and who appreciate a great ride. I hope to meet most of the F-Body locals through this and a couple of other forums. I'd love to hang out, go on cruises, head to the track, whatever. So that's me and that's my ride and... yeah, that's all I've got at the moment. Hi!

1badtie 07-18-2011 11:30 PM

Welcome!

25thanniversary 07-18-2011 11:34 PM

Welcome to Camaro5 nice car

CruznSS 07-18-2011 11:45 PM

Welcome to C5 and congrats on your camaro. Did you know IBM will be discontinued in 2012? There are a ton of mods. I'd suggest the interior & trunk lights from AAC. Many colors to choose from and simple mod. Big time NASCAR fan here, #3 Earnhardt. Wait till you run your Camaro on the track! Friggin awesome! Back to mods - footwell lights, front & rear bowties, and floor mats too name some easy ones.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Blake_GM 07-19-2011 12:11 AM

Welcome aboard! :chevy:

You picked the best color too!:thumbup:

CatiaJockey 07-19-2011 07:10 AM

Welcome, sweet ride.

bee sting 07-19-2011 07:59 AM

Welcome !! Lots of nice people on here .

toesuf94 07-19-2011 08:35 AM

Congrats on your first new car, welcome to the best site on the internet for Camaro information, and awesome color choice!

Black Lightning 07-19-2011 08:36 AM

Welcome to C5!! She's beautiful!

Got to darken those windows and change out those gold bowties.

The RS badge is an excellent idea.

LDHitman23 07-19-2011 09:34 AM

Congrats on the the Camaro. The car is beautiful. When are you going to take her to the drag strip?

BowtieBelle 07-19-2011 09:36 AM

Thank you all for the welcomes and the compliments :) I love my girl! I had no idea IMB was being discontinued in 2012 but this makes me happy as I have the only one I've seen in NW Arkansas and I'd dearly love to keep it that way. The color is INCREDIBLE when the sunlight hits it! She was hard to find-- the only imperial blue R/S within 500 miles of me.

As for mods, I know I'm going with a heritage grille and RS badge. I'm going to change out the gold emblem on the back for either silver or black, tint the windows... and I'm looking at a few other options :) Cruzn, I too am a HUGE Earnhardt fan. I'll never forget watching that race the day he died at Daytona.

BowtieBelle 07-19-2011 09:36 AM

Hitman: I want to take her to the drag strip this next weekend; Mo-Kan is doing an event and I think she needs to stretch her wings :)

SS/RS NJ 07-19-2011 09:42 AM

Welcome!

cleanwhiteSS 07-19-2011 09:49 AM

Welcome!!