Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   DIY: How to EASILY place LONG DETAILED instructions in your DIY. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165246)

Sir Nuke 08-15-2011 09:31 AM

DIY: How to EASILY place LONG DETAILED instructions in your DIY.

2 Attachment(s)
Not long ago I built a VERY detailed DIY. It took me a long time to get it just right and take all the pictures and insert them into the document. I built it in WORD. I don't have ACROBAT. After I was done, I realized how large the file was, it was 28 meg (LOTS of large pictures), and was 24 pages long, WOW and our site only allows a MAX size of 585.9 KB for word files. OH CRAP! then I remembered I had a FREE ON-LINE Word to Acrobat file converter! This works like a CHAMP! and we are allowed up to 2.77 megs for Acrobat files.
After I converted my 28 meg word file, it ended up being a 682 KB Acrobat file.

SO, if you have built a long/detailed DIY or plan on building one, think about it, it would be VERY handy to be able to print it out for use when doing the MOD/INSTALL.
So first build your DIY in word, then convert it to acrobat and save it. Then just start off your DIY with a short discription of your DIY instructions and attach your instructions in the form of the Acrobat file you just converted.

and HERES HOW TO DO IT!

After you build your word file and save it onto your computer, go to the http://www.doc2pdf.net/ site.

At the bottom of the page you will find a BLUE box where you will find the "CONVERT THIS DOCUMENT" and "BROWSE" boxes. Find your file and select it, then simply hit the "CONVERT DOCUMENT" button.

Attachment 275954

in a matter if SECONDS a "FILE DOWNLOAD" box will pop up where you can save your new converted file to your computer.

Attachment 275948

DONE!! Hope this helps and will give you the ability to put some long/detained instructions here that you can print out for use during your install.

AND ALWAYS keep a copy of the original WORD file, so if you need or want to edit it for some reason, you can. Then you repeat the process, make a new version, and upload and replace the original. PIECE OF CAKE!!

Sir Nuke 09-07-2011 10:01 AM

If anyone has any questions.....feel free to post them up or send me a PM.

Camaro21 09-07-2011 10:18 AM

For all of you that don't know, you can create a .pdf file for free. The program is called CutePDF. It is a free download call CutePDF Writer that basically installs a printer called "CutePDF", you select that printer when printing your document and it will come up and ask you where you wish to save your document and it will be saved as a .pdf. You can visit their website HERE.

Hope this helps !!

Sir Nuke 09-07-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro21 (Post 3722563)
For all of you that don't know, you can create a .pdf file for free. The program is called CutePDF. It is a free download call CutePDF Writer that basically installs a printer called "CutePDF", you select that printer when printing your document and it will come up and ask you where you wish to save your document and it will be saved as a .pdf. You can visit their website HERE.

Hope this helps !!

cool.....just another way to do it......as the instructions in post #1 are also FREE. I like it for the simple fact that I can go ANYWHERE, I have the need to have this ability when working on a computer which is not MINE, such as one at work, where I can not download or install software, AND I don't need to install any softwear on any of the 4 computers at the house either.

buzzy56 12-13-2011 05:39 PM

Good stuff

Good stuff - will come in handy for many.Thanks for sharing.

ClutchKargo 05-19-2012 08:30 AM

+1 for CutePDF

Been using it for along time, it's a great addon for any PC

L99 09-30-2012 05:44 PM

Damn! I wish I had read this thread before I just spent 3hrs doing the same thing you did. Story of my life :thanks:

danl 08-21-2013 05:38 PM

you can also use a free pdf creator called PrimoPDF.
web site is same as its name, or google it. totally free.
I use Primo over Cute, if I am 'printing' a detailed cad drawing to email or one that needs to be printed very large, like 4' x 6'.
the Cads own PDF writer, and Cute both will sometimes create a PDF that has some 'blank' areas for no reason...its like trying to print out something so hugh that you run out of ram and it prints blanks randomly on paper....so PrimoPDF is great for creating very large jobs from any application. if it can handle 1 million sq ft warehouse cad blueprints, it can handle DIY's! :)

Top~Dog 11-21-2013 07:18 PM

Or you can right click - in the MS Word menu, select save as - then select PDF. No need for any other programs.

Sir Nuke 03-08-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top~Dog (Post 7206421)
Or you can right click - in the MS Word menu, select save as - then select PDF. No need for any other programs.

This is TRUE......that is if you have MS WORD 2010. being able to save in PDF Format was a new addition to Word, or actually any of the programs in the Office Suite 2010.

BOOMER CAMARO 04-28-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 7478521)
This is TRUE......that is if you have MS WORD 2010. being able to save in PDF Format was a new addition to Word, or actually any of the programs in the Office Suite 2010.

Right about Microsoft Word but not being a fan of Gate'sware you can download Open Office (free) and do everything that Microsoft Office can do!

'10CamaroDude 05-31-2020 02:53 AM

How about a place to HOST .PDF files so you can get them to people who need
them?

https://www.keepandshare.com