Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   extreme performance/ mikes build (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195970)

mikepage0007 01-16-2012 09:18 PM

extreme performance/ mikes build

4 Attachment(s)
thought i would start a post on this build, it will be somewhat extensive and zach will monitor and hopefully answer any questions ...zach is one of the most straight up people in the industry, they are a vendor here and would hope to earn your support if possible..they try as much as possible to be competetive..here we started..

mikepage0007 01-16-2012 09:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
few more

mikepage0007 01-16-2012 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is most of the equipment and more to come,today, mike worked on the dynomat and wiring and tomorrow he is gonna start clay the seals...and dynomat somemore...probably be awhile b4 the car starts to rake shape

CruznSS 01-16-2012 09:31 PM

Looks like its going to be LOUD! Will be following closely. Am thinking about the stereo replacement. Mike, keep me up to date on how it goes. Good Luck.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk

mikepage0007 01-16-2012 09:48 PM

i will keep up posting pics when they look exciting..probably won,t see to much for a couple days...but when door speakers and fabricating starts, thats when it gets exciting...also starting a big drivetraqin build soona sthis gets under way...hopefully 1st of the month...

Black1SS 01-16-2012 09:48 PM

Very cool build. Can't wait to see the finished product

2010 SSRS 01-16-2012 09:50 PM

wow that is going to sound awesome

bigwayne3000 01-16-2012 09:52 PM

Maybe one of you all in here would know, but would I need to buy a Scosche radio adapter in order to retain normal radio? I plan on buying one of these kits and someone who owns a Metra said they had to buy a seperate $10 adapter in order to get clear radio so I am just wondering if I'd have to do the same as well with a Scosche/Alpine kit.

mikepage0007 01-16-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 (Post 4330575)
Maybe one of you all in here would know, but would I need to buy a Scosche radio adapter in order to retain normal radio? I plan on buying one of these kits and someone who owns a Metra said they had to buy a seperate $10 adapter in order to get clear radio so I am just wondering if I'd have to do the same as well with a Scosche/Alpine kit.

zach@extreme would be able to answer...he is in the alpine board or scosche brd..or will probably see this post tomorrow and shoot a answer...also boxed up my trim kit and am sending it out to garys customz to get painted iom...he has done all my trim..will post pics when it comes back

jeffa 01-16-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 (Post 4330575)

The factory antenna uses a European type connector to connect to the factory radio. In order to use the factory antenna with any aftermarket head unit, you need an adapter that converts the European connector to a standard Motorola radio connector that all aftermarket radio's use. That is the adapter that everyone is talking about. Both Metra and Scosche make one. Without this adapter, you will have no AM or FM reception.

Kevinshawnm 01-17-2012 01:21 AM

:respekt:SUBSCRIBDED!!!!

Driveshaftshop 01-17-2012 04:51 AM

Big motor, big stereo = big smiles

love it, cant wait to see how it comes out and hopefully hear it at an event.

Zach@ExtremePerformance 01-17-2012 07:06 AM

I see you found the additional pics I posted to the FB album! (the stack o' gear and the system map)

This one should be able to attain a respectable level, yes (won't set any records, mind you, it IS just two 10"s!), and it will do it across the board 20 - 20k.
It will also be very balanced, and have good staging and imaging. We're pretty excited. It's going to be a multi-discipline car- lookin' good, runnin' fast and jammin' as it does!

Zach@ExtremePerformance 01-17-2012 07:14 AM

Dramatis Personae
There's a pic near the top there of Baker (the "mike" that MP refers to; he's not referring to himself in the third person) cutting out the rear deck. As he noted earlier on the site, we had the back glass removed for "elbow room" during the install.

The guy visible in the shot a little farther down (staring into the trunk through the rear deck, deep in thought) is Jeremy Carlson, our GM and the other main install tech on this build.

That gives you two of us...well, one and a half...all you saw of Baker was his hands, the rest of him will appear before long I'm sure.
And there'll be a shot of me in there, probably sooner than you'd wish.
So now you can put faces (or hands) to the names, as they come up. And names to the faces, as they appear in the pics. Yeah.