Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Selling 2013 1le, how to find value? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523569)

beany323 03-17-2018 08:50 PM

Selling 2013 1le, how to find value?

1 Attachment(s)
Hey.. thinking on trading it in but every site i go to (except autoblog) all has the car at around 20k. and listed as a little better SS.

mod dont matter i know.

no-weeds, mustang tailights, Cold Air intake, new tires, 315 rear , 285 fronts.

2013 1le - 12000 miles.

clean.

So cal.

i'll see if i can find a pic.

i think its worth at least 23k ... going with a trade in value since i dont want to have to hassle meeting people.. lol...

thoughts on how to get a fair assessment.

thanks again..

GONIF 03-19-2018 12:15 PM

If you are planning to trade it , tell the dealer you have no trade and negotiate your best price first . Than call your wife ( or anyone else fake phone call ) than after the call say your wife won't let you keep it and introduce the trade then . Now you will know what the real price of the new car is and what the dealer will allow for your trade. Dealers always quote high on the price of a deal when they know you have a trade because they always want it to look like they are giving you a good price for your trade. Remember a dealer must make money on both the new car and the trade . IMHO I would try to sell your car privately if you want the most for it. Your going to pay for the convenience of a trade at a dealer . As far as price go's the 1Le is a car that will only bring the right money to an enthusiast who knows what it is and will pay for it. Post it on here and see what it brings. In the end I'm thinking $20000.00 to $21000.00 is what it will sell for . And that is if the tires are fresh , the originals are shot at 12000 miles.

joepeinado 03-19-2018 01:35 PM

Thata a nice 1LE, hopefully you can get what you want from it

jpimlott 03-19-2018 03:52 PM

Carguros.com has them listed at about $26,000 as the median retail sale price.
I got a perfect 2014 for 25,900, I saw some SS's more and some less. mine had 21000 miles on it then, now with 27000 opps I like to drive .

GONIF 03-20-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpimlott (Post 10114445)
Carguros.com has them listed at about $26,000 as the median retail sale price.
I got a perfect 2014 for 25,900, I saw some SS's more and some less. mine had 21000 miles on it then, now with 27000 opps I like to drive .

Retail asking price is no where near trade in value ,whole different ballpark ( with the exception of late model low mileage pick up trucks , because those can be sold for big bucks over retail to customers who don't qualify for a new pick up ). :crazy: If a dealer can't make at least 15% on a used car they won't do the deal . The toughest job in the car biz is a used car manager at a new car dealer . The new car manager blames the used car manager for bad new car sales volume because the used car manager didn't allow enough on the trade to sell the new car. And if the used car manager shows a loss on used cars he allowed too much for on trades , he gets reamed out and his job is in jeopardy . It's a real rat race . So if you want to drive in with your used car and drive out with a new car , your going to pay.

beany323 03-21-2018 10:48 AM

thanks guys. Just having the numbers to back up what the car is worth is the hardest part. Even explaining what a 1LE is can be difficult. (aftermarket hood, aftermarket rims. ).. lol

thanks and will let you know how it goes. just on the fence.

J Rod 03-21-2018 11:21 AM

I wouldn't take less than 23k on trade, although their new game is to offer you what they'd get for it at auction even though they'll sell right there on their lot. So they probably won't offer you more than 21k, especially if you're already getting a good deal on the new vehicle. You could probably sell it pretty quick outright for $25-26k, it might be worth the hassle.

beany323 03-21-2018 12:12 PM

thanks.. thats what i would shoot for also. also going to start with 15% off the sticker / asking price on the suv. great thing is i dont have to sell. lol..

again many thanks!!!