CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Brakes | Chassis (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=230)
-   -   Installed the GMPP SG3 Sport Suspension Kit today (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542896)

KLG 11-22-2018 12:22 AM

Installed the GMPP SG3 Sport Suspension Kit today

4 Attachment(s)
I bought the suspension kit more than 6 months ago, but, I could never find the time to install it, so, I gave up and had the dealership do the work this week.

The directions state the kit lowers the car about 20mm. I drove the car about 15 miles after picking it up. After I got home, I checked the drop. The front is 21mm lower and the rear is 13mm lower. Be interesting to see if it settles more in the rear.

Although I did not drive it that far, the ride is a little stiffer and the car feels more planted in curves.

The photos are after the kit was installed.

--KLG--

vtirocz 11-22-2018 08:13 AM

Congrats!! Looks great. Can you please post more pics in better lighting?

Not sure if you had seen, but the Camaro team had provided lap time improvements with this kit (combined with the swaybar/link kit): https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542333

I'm definitely leaning toward this kit!

KLG 11-22-2018 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vtirocz (Post 10366371)
Congrats!! Looks great. Can you please post more pics in better lighting?

Not sure if you had seen, but the Camaro team had provided lap time improvements with this kit (combined with the swaybar/link kit): https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542333

I'm definitely leaning toward this kit!

Thanks for the link. I had heard that this kit alone helps with lap times but until now I had not read anything that supported what I heard.

The kit is complete, comes with everything you need including hardware.

Although the drop is modest, it is perfect for me. It improves the look and improves the handling. Also, with a couple 2"x6" planks placed in the lowest area of my rolled curb driveway, I do not drag. Although now, the front wheel air dams are less than 3/4" from the pavement when entering/exiting my driveway.

I had considered upgrading the sway bars too, but GM does not offer a kit for the convertible, or, I could not find it. However, since this is a convertible and I just cruise on weekends/holidays and no plans to track the car, this is likely the only suspension upgrade I will do.

I would like to go with wider wheels/tires one day.

Below is a photo of the suspension kit components.

Regards,

--KLG--

DC5 11-22-2018 01:35 PM

Thanks for posting! I've been considering purchasing this kit for quite some time, but this thread and the related "Ask Al" thread have confirmed my decision. The stance of your vehicle is perfect!

Chocolate Apocalypse 11-22-2018 08:37 PM

Nice, did you get it installed at Ed Bozarth?

KLG 11-22-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse (Post 10366823)
Nice, did you get it installed at Ed Bozarth?

Yes.

So far I have had good experiences with Ed Bozarth. Last year, they replaced my top due to the rear window coming unglued along with a few other warranty items. And now the suspension install.

Although I am the second owner of this car, the car was originally purchased from this dealership.

Also, this dealership is convenient since it is 6 miles from my home.

vtirocz 11-24-2018 11:03 AM

More pics, please! :)

KLG 11-25-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtirocz (Post 10367759)
More pics, please! :)

Sorry, I have been busy and have not had the car out of the garage since I brought it home on Wednesday.

DC5 11-30-2018 02:59 AM

Do you have any further observations about this suspension kit?

KLG 12-03-2018 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5 (Post 10372708)
Do you have any further observations about this suspension kit?

No, I have not even driven the car since I brought it home.

Several days after bringing the car home, I discovered an issue with the work Bozarth Chevrolet performed. I need to have that issue corrected before I do anything with the car.

So until things are worked out with Bozarth, I won't have anything to share.

Sorry.

--KLG--

DC5 12-04-2018 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLG (Post 10375701)
No, I have not even driven the car since I brought it home.

Several days after bringing the car home, I discovered an issue with the work Bozarth Chevrolet performed. I need to have that issue corrected before I do anything with the car.

So until things are worked out with Bozarth, I won't have anything to share.

Sorry.

--KLG--

That sucks, but thanks for checking in.

Please provide us with an update upon having the issue resolved and putting some miles on the vehicle.

kropscamaro16 12-04-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5 (Post 10375724)
That sucks, but thanks for checking in.

Please provide us with an update upon having the issue resolved and putting some miles on the vehicle.

whats the issues?