CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Looking for new Exhaust for 2019 Camaro I4 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567415)

TKoby 12-29-2019 08:25 AM

Looking for new Exhaust for 2019 Camaro I4

I have had my camaro since May and I am looking to change my exhaust. I an Injen Evolution cold air intake and will soon have the ZZP catted downpipe.

I am trying to look for good sounding exhaust. The combination of the downpipe and the two exhausts I have been looking at specifically have no videos.

Flowmaster AXLE-BACK American Thunder
Borla ATAK AXLE-BACK

I have looked at these the most and can't decide which sounds the best. Videos I have watched:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5dvtYDmRE Flowmaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIFJiDeHdRU Borla ATAK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pm1NmRDznQ ZZP Catted Downpipe

I am also curious if either of these could increase performance. I am new to the car world.

Thank you in advance for the help.

SSShark 12-29-2019 11:04 AM

The American Thunder has a deeper exhaust note but there will be a lot of drone. I swapped mine out for the Borla S-Type and couldn't be happier. Not quite as deep as the Flowmaster but no drone at all. Much less noise in the cabin. Worth the price.

TKoby 12-29-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8minus4 (Post 10688460)
The American Thunder has a deeper exhaust note but there will be a lot of drone. I swapped mine out for the Borla S-Type and couldn't be happier. Not quite as deep as the Flowmaster but no drone at all. Much less noise in the cabin. Worth the price.

Have you seen or heard the Borla ATAK?
Also will the downpipe make the sound deeper?

Evil-Bee-NH 12-29-2019 12:29 PM

There is no drone with the Flowmaster unless it was installed poorly. It will sound like a tractor for a few months until it breaks in then it gets better I've had mine on for 3 yrs. Now. The borla is nice but way overpriced for what it is. You could try anything Mishimoto or MRT has they are the best sounding outside getting a full cat-back.

TKoby 12-29-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10688538)
There is no drone with the Flowmaster unless it was installed poorly. It will sound like a tractor for a few months until it breaks in then it gets better I've had mine on for 3 yrs. Now. The borla is nice but way overpriced for what it is. You could try anything Mishimoto or MRT has they are the best sounding outside getting a full cat-back.

Over Mishimoto would you say the Flowmaster would be my best bet? How different will it sound with the ZZP downpipe and 1-10 how loud is it in person. Videos don't do any justice.

Start The Machine 12-29-2019 02:26 PM

Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back for the win!!

SSShark 12-29-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKoby (Post 10688478)

You're going to hear many different opinions here. It all comes down to a matter of personal preference.
I don't see how anyone can improperly install an axle back as it is a very basic install.
Listen to the many Youtube videos out there as I did before making a decision. Enjoy your new Camaro!!

Evil-Bee-NH 12-29-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKoby (Post 10688552)
Over Mishimoto would you say the Flowmaster would be my best bet? How different will it sound with the ZZP downpipe and 1-10 how loud is it in person. Videos don't do any justice.

On a cold-start the flowmaster is fairly loud but quiets down. I have only ever heard videos of the Mishimoto but the quality is far better. I have the ZZP Catted DP and it's not unbearable by any stroke of the imagination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Start The Machine (Post 10688588)
Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back for the win!!

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8minus4 (Post 10688683)
Y
I don't see how anyone can improperly install an axle back as it is a very basic install.

With the snowflakes getting apprentice jobs at muffler shops these days I've seen some dumb shit like people installing shit upside down.

SSShark 12-29-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH (Post 10688715)

With the snowflakes getting apprentice jobs at muffler shops these days I've seen some dumb shit like people installing shit upside down.

Very true. That's why I don't let anyone touch my car. I let the dealer do my first 2 free oil changes and that's it.
As for the flowmaster axle back, I installed myself and they came out perfect. After a while, it just sounded louder than I was really looking for.

Sales@Phastek 01-22-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKoby (Post 10688478)

We installed a Mishimoto downpipe on our '16 2.0T and it did give it a deeper tone. The down pipe is currently the only installed exhaust mod. It gave the Camaro a noticeably deeper more aggressive and raspier tone than stock. I will leave a link to our install and sound test video below with time stamps to the rev and acceleration.

>>> DOWN PIPE SOUND TEST <<<

-Sean

wookwook 01-22-2020 04:09 PM

just remember not all the noise goes out the back. even double walled borla is intrusive w/o the mid muffler. you wont get peak gains, but earlier peak tq in the power curve.. a couple hundred rpm or so. its a good building block. what ever you get, spy a mid pipe bullet just in case. They will all be flow though, not chambered, and loud. some even go back to the OEM suitcase. I have the OEM box as a rescue for sale. Love my Borla-Touring cat back.

kropscamaro16 01-22-2020 04:39 PM

downpipe and muffler delete is what alot of us used to do on the cobalt ss sounds really good and gives alot more power!