Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Droid Phone and the Auxiliary input connection question (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92746)

armysig 07-01-2010 01:50 PM

Droid Phone and the Auxiliary input connection question

So today I was in my 1SS jamming some AC/DC from my Droid to my Auxiliary input connection and I get a call, normally I would disconnect the cable, pick up the phone and start talking. Well, just as I answered the phone and was getting ready to pull the cable, I hear the caller coming through my speakers. This took me by suprise because I had tried this about 2 months ago and it did not work.

So I set my phone down in the cup holder, making sure the caller could still hear me and I talked with them for about 10 minutes with no signal interuption at all. When we finished talking my song started up again right where it left off.

So my question is, was this a feature of the car I didn't know about or did the Droid get an update that I forgot to read about?

Or am I nuts and didn't type in the correct wording on my search. And yes I try to always search before I post a question like this. :laugh:

SuperFly03 07-01-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armysig (Post 2048789)
So today I was in my 1SS jamming some AC/DC from my Droid to my Auxiliary input connection and I get a call, normally I would disconnect the cable, pick up the phone and start talking. Well, just as I answered the phone and was getting ready to pull the cable, I hear the caller coming through my speakers. This took me by suprise because I had tried this about 2 months ago and it did not work.

So I set my phone down in the cup holder, making sure the caller could still hear me and I talked with them for about 10 minutes with no signal interuption at all. When we finished talking my song started up again right where it left off.

So my question is, was this a feature of the car I didn't know about or did the Droid get an update that I forgot to read about?

Or am I nuts and didn't type in the correct wording on my search. And yes I try to always search before I post a question like this. :laugh:

A feature you didn't know about. I always have my Droid phone routed through the stereo. You can also stream Pandora through BT to your stereo.

You can connect via bluetooth to the Camaro's stereo and it will route your calls through the speakers and use the mic from Onstar for it.

It really comes in handy when you have an M6.

Eleven Charley 07-01-2010 02:26 PM

I didn't think the 1ss had that option.

armysig 07-01-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven Charley (Post 2048952)

Correct, I don't have Bluetooth, that's why I was using the Auxiliary input. I just didn't think the phone would route the audio for a phone conversation via that port.

SuperFly03 07-01-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleven Charley (Post 2048952)

I thought the 1ss had one of the BT stacks but not the other. For the 1ss you could route calls through it but to route audio you needed the 2ss.

My brain is foggy so correct me if im wrong.

kevin1 07-01-2010 05:09 PM

I just put the PDIM kit in my LS it has a BT box that comes with it to receive streaming audio and works great with my HTC EVO. Now I didn't get any call yet so don't know how it will go when I'm rock'n out. Now the ONSTAR box has BT in it as well and that is how all calls are routed to the stereo.

slick rick 07-01-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperFly03 (Post 2049507)
I thought the 1ss had one of the BT stacks but not the other. For the 1ss you could route calls through it but to route audio you needed the 2ss.

My brain is foggy so correct me if im wrong.

1SS has no Bluetooth at all.

christianmotox 07-01-2010 06:32 PM

I have the LS and the droid incredible and it does work. You don't need bluethoot if you have it connected to the speakers.

However for some reason when i was playing pandora the phone would want to dial a phone number, it would be very annoying.

Yes, Droid is a beautiful thing.

OrangeFury 07-01-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armysig (Post 2049394)
Correct, I don't have Bluetooth, that's why I was using the Auxiliary input. I just didn't think the phone would route the audio for a phone conversation via that port.

What are you using to connect your Droid to the aux input? I have a Droid and a 1LT (no BT, no USB) so I am very interested. thx