View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRLS3 View Post
I'm looking for the best available set-up for a road course/autox build. Currently on stock SS suspension and looking to get the most out of the car. On 19x11 forgelines with RE71R tires.

I've been looking @:

DSE, RideTech, Chevy Performance Z28 or 1LE kit, and just recently came across Penske's offering. I still drive the car somewhat regularly but don't mind a slightly stiffer ride.

What would you go with if you could drop it all on the best performing suspension??
Solid cradle bushings are a must for real track work. The 1LE track pack works well, if understeering a little. You need to max out front camber to its limit, about -2deg. I might have used the ZL1 front bar (in the middle between SS and 1LE) to allow a little more weight transfer.

Next the z/28 upper control arm bushings take out more rear lateral bouncing. Do those with the cradle bushings for access.

Upgrading to a Detroit TruTrac made a huge difference for me in terms of putting down the power with confidence. Get 3.91 gears at the same time. The 3.45 is just too tall for most tracks, particularly in 4th gear.

I have the CTS-V 6 front piston calipers and 2-piece rotors. No difference on the street but very noticeable on the track to get you confident with later braking, which is key with a big car like this.

I left the engine stock other than z/28 intake, which sounds a lot better .