View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRLS3 View Post
First off, Thank you everyone for such a detailed response.

It is obvious from reading your responses I have a long ways to go understanding this suspension stuff like I do engine internals. I was under the impression I could purchase a package and get everything I needed but it seems like I would still be missing a few key components (LSD, gearing, etc). My goal is to get as much done at once while using proven combinations.

Do any packages come with these two key components upgrades or should I just upgrade them by themselves?

Are they really worth upgrading from the stock Brembos? I'm about to supercharge the car so stopping power will be needed (looking @ 600+ rwhp). I always kinda put off brakes as not needed since it already had the brembos.

Priority focus on AutoX with the ability to compete in grand champion style events (autox, road course, drag strip, 3S, etc). As mentioned I am currently driving it on the street and want to maintain that ability (i.e. not too low, not too stiff/harsh, or at the very least with the ability to adjust those two based upon where I will be driving it).

Is there much difference in the performance between the JRI/MCS vs the step-up to penske/Ohlin?

Is it worth it to go with standalone coil overs and piece together a kit vs purchasing the DSE kit 3?

Just spoke with JCG, thank you for the information
No, the cradle bushings and Z/28 upper control arm bushings are separate purchases. I have the Pegasus solid aluminum cradle bushings. The Z/28 pieces are not expensive. There are several threads on installing the cradle bushings. I did the heat/torch technique. Not as bad as it sounds. Propane torch at Home Depot for about $20.

I am really satisfied with my braking upgrade, but its a track upgrade. Ie braking from 100+mph to a hairpin. They are also Brembos, just 6 piston. You need 1LE tires (285 width) and with ~200 treadwear to take advantage. Not needed for 1/4 mile or street use. I can use "performance" GM street pads (made by Ferodo) that can take a weekend at COTA and still have half the pads left.