View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #17909
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Ok going full circle, by adding a FPC 600 HP NA engine, Dual Clutch transmission, Better Track Seats, CF brakes & CF wheels to a ZL1/1LE have the makings of a 6Gen Z/28?
I would buy one! But don't see that happening - the brand is going electric, so one off hot rods that don't promote that are pretty unlikely at this point. Hope I am wrong.

I think if they wanted to up the ante, they could simply go with the ZL1 vette motor package and give ZLE, 750 hp, add carbon wheels and brakes and they would stick with the 10 speed. That would produce an extreme car - but they could not call it a Z/28 without breaking from tradition.

So what they really need is to start with an SS 1LE, sticking with the mag ride suspension, with some special tuning, with new corvette motor - 500 hp, stick or 10 speed, carbon brakes and wheels, light weight the car (no rear seats, lightweight glass etc.) and with that they can slay the GT350R and call it the Z/28 and slot it in just below the ZLE price wise and have a marketing and sales winner.

Love my DSSV's for the track and they are ok for the street, but for the masses, car has to ride better on the street so it can be used everyday like the GT350 and 350R.
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote