View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
wish I knew that one! I think we need tire covers to protect our car cover! Mine needs a wash soon also :( It came with instructions though - CA Car Cover...

Edit:

Just e-mail chatted with CA Car Covers. Here's their response:

Michael: hi, I have your Noah cover, which I really like. It's gotten dirty, what/how do you recommend cleaning it? Also, is there anyway to protect the areas over the tires as they get very dirty from the tire dressing? thanks!
James: we sell tire covers in sets for 4
Michael: ok
James: and following is the washing instructions:
James: A home washer may not be large enough to accommodate your car cover and provide proper cleaning. Covers should be taken to a commercial laundromat and washed in large automatic washers without agitator. Use a cup or so of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner (no soap or detergent). Wash your cover using the "Normal" or "Permanent Press" cycles in cold or warm water. DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER! Run the cover through two rinse cycles - it is important that all the cleaner be removed in order to preserve the cover's water resistance. Air dry the cover. DO NOT put the cover in an automatic dryer (the fabric can melt). DO NOT dry clean covers. Another way to clean dust from the inside or outside of the cover is to put it on your vehicle and hose it off. To clean the inside, put the cover on inside-out, rinse off and then leave on to dry. To clean the outside, put the cover on normally, rinse and then leave on to dry.

Tire covers:
http://www.calcarcover.com/product.aspx?s=on&id=59 Medium fits the rear tires/wheels
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;

Last edited by Michael_Js; 10-30-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote