View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
Mr Notorious

Drives: 2011 SS - SOLD
V6 Overheating Issues

I'm trying to help out a friend of mine and I don't really know anything about these V6 engines. The car is a 2010, V6, with around 175k miles. He's had it for a few months, and it just randomly started overheating this past week. He said it wasn't leaking from anywhere.

We are going to do a coolant flush and thermostat replacement. I watched some youtube video's and read some posts. I'm going to try and do it without removing the intake. Thermostat looks like it's in a lovely location on these cars

We played with it a little the other day, and the reservoir was topped off, but when I pulled the coolant cap the engine's coolant was low to the point were it took about 3 maybe 4 quarts. So I topped it off and it overheated again still.

Is there a reason why the engine isn't pulling coolant from the reservoir? I ensured the hose was free of debris.

Is there anything else I should do or check while tearing into it?

What's weird is the engine coolant that was in block looked alot like the green mix, when I know the Dex-cool stuff is supposed to be red. So that's the main reason we want to flush it all out. I also want to do a good burping to ensure no air is trapped.

Anything else I should be looking for or doing? Any good writeups or tips about flushing & burping?
Mr Notorious is offline   Reply With Quote