View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 03:24 PM   #22
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
It gets better when you figure in the US power grid, right now there are times of day that parts of California don't allow high-power appliances to run. Then figure in most of the charging stations have diesel backup for charging the cars. It starts to make you wonder if anyone has thought about this before pushing people to go all EV. I don't have a problem with EV cars but I'm not sold on the execution of the overall plan...
That's where I am. Most people I talk to are of the same opinion. We are not against EV.

1. Affordability
2. Infrastructure
3. Practicality - "Do you REALLY think oil companies are going to let this happen with no market for their product?"

Until all those are 100% accounted for, there is no ripping the bandaid off like some people expect to happen.

I'm all for the environment, but the push is a little off base with no plan of action.

I guess that is what truly defines the difference between an idealist and a realist.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LSA crankshaft conversion w/modified crank gear | LS1 thrust bearing | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | BTR Stage I Cam | ARP Rod Bolts | Delphi Lifter set | NGK LTR71X-11 spark plug set | DOD Delete | VVT Limiter | ECM, TCM & E85 | Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq | Best 1/4 Time: 11.639
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote