View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 09:11 PM   #14
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
There are basically two idle scenarios:
1) cold start, open loop idle - the engine runs off a set of maps for given conditions. No feedback from oxygen sensor

2) closed loop idle - when all sensors are warmed up and ECM can rely on their feedback to adjust air/fuel mixture accordingly

If your idle is fluctuating in open loop, no worries. Closed loop idle should be steady.
You sound like you know you’re stuff

Maybe you could tell me why my 6th gear makes a noise and higher gears at cruising under minimal pedal application (just flowing along) one of those higher shifts tends to be very…slow to engage. Actually experience a quick jump of 50-100 rpm right before the drop in RPMs and a hard shift.. I’ve never experienced this small stutter or catch in the gears before.. doesn’t happen in manual paddle shifting. Doesn’t happen under WOT. This is also not the known 3-4 hard shift have been able to verify. Sorry to thread hijack

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote