View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #21
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PnCRedJwl2SS View Post
I'm waiting for my AAWireless unit to arrive. Should be in August for me. Can't wait to try it!
I've been using my AAWireless since September of last year. The thing is awesome and has only become more stable with the firmware updates.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even think about it anymore. I just get in the car and drive. It boots up Android Auto before I've finished backing out of the garage. I can't even remember the last time it glitched on me. It just works.

Now I only plug my phone in in my car if it needs to charge. I have a separate USB-C cable plugged in and out of sight for the rare occasion that I need to charge in the car, or for long trips where I will definitely need to charge from time to time.

No more over-charging my phone. Quick, seamless, wireless connection to Android Auto. Just get it...you won't regret it.

I also have the Ottocast U2-X. I bought it for my wife's car because she uses an iPhone and I use an Android. The U2-X supports both Apple Carplay and Android Auto. This unit is also getting better with firmware updates, but is still a little iffy at times. The audio doesn't always return properly to the headunit after playing back a text or after a phone call. But a quick un-plug/re-plug always takes care of it. It also boots up very quickly (almost as fast as the AAWireless). It's a bit more of an ordeal to upgrade the firmware on the U2-X because there is no companion app, but it's not that complicated if you follow the instructions provided. Pretty happy with both of them actually.

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote