View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #348
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Hi ZOH6,
Did you ever get a chance to do some before and after sound clips? If so, would you mind throwing them up so we can hear what that Jones system sounds like compared to the magna flow? Thanks brother
I did not do a before and after but I can tell you I was not happy with the sound after the Jones muffler install. I was actually happier with the previous Magnaflow muffler even though it was probably more restrictive. It still sounded raspy and "sloppy" is the best description I can give you with the Jones muffler installed. I really really hated it. I've come to the conclusion that these cars just don't sound that good with cats removed so I went back to a high flow cat setup. High flow cats really clean up the exhaust tone, remove the raspyness and obviously get rid of the obnoxious fumes. I will not pursue running this car without the cats anymore unless it was a 100% drag car. It costs more to use a high flow cat setup but the benefits are worth it to me. My exhaust guy teases me because I tried so many different combinations of mufflers and resonators trying to make it sound right without the cats. I gave up.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote