View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 01:18 AM   #13
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
Quote:
I still like how Ford basically took an F-150 and just made it electric, the styling on the Silverado EV leaves a lot to be desired but it sure seems to be more efficient offers more practicality
Quote:
Yes! The Silverado EV has a much more efficiently design platform from the ground up and a much bigger battery. The top models, RST & 4WT come installed with the biggest battery pack. The future 1, 2, and 3WT models will have smaller less costly batteries but also lower descending range in each.

I really like this truck and I'm a fan of the old Avalanche but I can't quite come up with the coin for this first edition RST version.
They have a stiff unibody like structure... tip-toeing toward the EV Escalade.
Why wouldn't they: Just skip the Hummer; Work the bugs out with a couple focused trims of this EV Avalanche; Then already by now have an EV Escalade with the watts to freedom 0-60?

gm's decisions appears fearful.
They're more worried about pacing the Cyber Truck than grabbing their next reliable billion or so.

Trucks do a lot of things well, in different configurations. And there's a point where allowing the frame to flex is helpful. The battery cells aren't there for more than narrow case users, or even to let them spec the other things cheap enough.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote