View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 05:43 PM   #8859
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
I was about to begin a new thread, then decided to post the inquiry in the knowledge thread.

I understood that the LaCrosse second generation (2010–16) had the Epsilon II platform, which was replaced with the third generation (2017-19) E2XX platform.

Although, I read that the third generation had the P2XX (longer) platform. It doesn't make sense, because the LaCrosse had the same wheelbase as the Impala.

Additionally, I understood that the Impala tenth generation (2014–20) had the Epsilon II platform.

Now, I read that it had the Epsilon II platform in 2014-15 and switched to the E2XX platform in 2016.

What are the facts?
E2XX is a program identifier. E = Epsilon 2= 2nd generation of the platform 1st X= body type, 2nd X = brand. So E2SC would be a Chevrolet Malibu Sedan on second generation Epsilon.

Impala, Lacrosse and Cadillac XTS were built on a long wheelbase variation of the Epsilon platform. I remember that the XTS program code was P1LL. Easy for me to remember because it spells pill and i used to refer to it as the pill. I can’t remember if Impala was P1LC or E1LC. Technically, either could have worked. I’m pretty sure Lacrosse was E2LB. Regal was E2SB.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote