Thread: COOL STUFF!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 04:17 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzl1 View Post
1JEWLDSSRS

I’ll bet that is really neat to see in person. Brings back memories of watching Apollo 8 lifting off back in December of ‘69. The family was heading south to Miami for my Grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. We timed it so we could watch the launch. It was really awesome to see. I bet these big rockets are really impressive.
Yes sir, they are quite the sight to see!! Especially these Falcon "heavy" rockets. You can actually see the rocket as it goes up it's so big!!They make a ton of noise going up, even from where I see them in my front yard!! The Star Link rockets are almost as loud, but not quite, they still make a racket though. Back when they used to launch and land the Space Shuttles from here, got to see them lift off too, and when they landed back here at the space center, sometimes you could see them come in when they landed it from the east, you could also hear the sonic boom from them as well when the came back here. The coolest thing about them was when they landed them in Cali and flew them back here "piggy backed" on the USAF 747 jumbo jet!! To see and watch that huge jet with the shuttle attached to it's back fly right over your head kinda slowly and head up the coast to the space center was a treat for us all!! We would be at the beach to watch it.