View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #8
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Don't laugh but I was hoping chevy would bring back an RS v8 like the 3rd gens with the 6th gen. What did that look like imo. A high performance version of the 5.3 ls or lt. Since the 5.3 is such a workhorse of GM I thought why not make something between the v6 and 6.2. Kind of like the 305 third gen rs to the 350 L98.

My logic to this was a more affordable v8 option to the camaro since the 5.3 is a lot cheaper than the 6.2 overall because of the sheer numbers of production. Basically I see this as a 370-400hp 5.3. Chevy kind of did that with the LT1 trim level but in the new 6th gen even a 5.3 could have been a great budget model imo. Cut cost even more a little. I think the camaros just became too expensive also for many "average" Americans. I remember when I got my 2015 the mustang gts were still thousands less new or used. Even now you can get a base mustang gt for pretty cheap compared to an ss. I even looked for LT1 camaros and I couldn't find one cheaper than a gt even though they are supposed to have a lower sticker price.lol
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote