View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 08:31 AM   #2
clyde

Drives: broken
It's really easy to overthink this. For diameter, just make sure the fronts aren't taller than the rears (or else the computers go nuts in a bad way). The width difference impact is likely to be more theoretical than practical if you can drive the tire you have. The tire compound is probably going to have a much larger influence on what it's like to drive the car and how quick you'll be may depend more on how well your driving style and tire match.

I don't think there's any firm consensus on whether the Bridgestones or Yokohamas are faster on this car. Looking at results from last year, it was mixed. The tires drive a bit differently in ways that suit different styles. Bridgestone seems to work better for drivers that are more precise and may have a tiny bit more ultimate grip while the Yoks are more forgiving, tolerant of a little extra slip angle, and put power down better.

There's also the Nankang CRS V2 and Kumho V730 that could be good options depending on your use case. The Falken RT660 is probably outclassed by the newer tires, but they're still really good and have pretty amazing wear characteristics.

To make buying tires today more fun, be aware that a Bridgestone 305/30-19 RE71RS is expected by April (which does mean it will actually happen, but it might).

FWIW, I am annoying my codriver with multiple texts every day as I go around and around on what tires to start with. Since the first round is on him, I should probably tell him to place an order for me to pick up at the nearest Tire Rack warehouse and I can find out what they are when I get there.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote