View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 03:27 PM   #1
Cbrowne

Drives: 2012 LFX Chevrolet Camaro
P2138 and Reduced Engine Power

Hello all,

Camaro owner from the UK experiencing a fair few issues right now. Firstly, the car has previously had a P2138 which was resolved with a new APP (accelerator pedal position sensor). Since then the issue has come back around with the exact same P2138 and reduced engine power, despite my disbelief of my almost brand new APP going bad I got a new one anyway, which did not resolve the issue. The P2138 and reduced engine power will only come up once I hit the kick down part of the gas pedal, although, 1/10 times the fault will not flash up, the other 9/10 times are the problem. Since then I have now replaced my throttle body and even wired in a new throttle body pigtail (I am an electrician). I know everything has been installed correctly but I am still encountering the exact same issues. It is also worth noting the issue will come up whether the engine is on or off. Can someone provide any advice on what else to check as I don't fancy taking the chance of spending £600+ on a new PCM/ECM. If anybody has links or PDFs to wiring diagrams from the PCM to the throttle body and pedal that would be grand as Google doesn't seem to be very helpful right now. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!
Cbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote