View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 03:37 PM   #12
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
^Yeah I tried to tell him the LSA ZL1 would give him the experience he desires in a reliable drivetrain except some chance of strut problems or or HVAC blend door problems, at a good price. They have not been depreciating in years now. Stuck on an old Mustang that sells for $10k more and less fast or reliable. It won't matter because the point is moot because used car values aren't going to jump up where a 23 Camaro will not take a big used-car hit anytime soon allowing for a proposed sale to get something different.
13/14 gt500 is faster than a 5th Gen zl1 in a straight line. I acknowledged earlier that the chassis is better in the 5th Gen zl1. Also didn’t they have some kind of supercharger issue? Friend of mine had one and I think i remember she had to get some type of work done on the supercharger. I believe there was a tsb for it too. That was like 10 years ago so I could be mistaken.

I get it, this is a Chevy site so you’ll automatically think everything Ford makes is unreliable. I spend time on both boards and I personally see more issues here. Maybe you and Aqua have seen more issues with Mustangs but I personally have seen more issues with the LTX platform (not the LSX platform). I’m not going to argue any further about who has seen what. We all have our experiences and unfortunately for me I have seen more reliability issues with modded cars here than there. My bone stock 2016 1SS had enough issues to where I made money from the extended warranty I bought.

One thing I can agree with you on is that this probably won’t happen because I’m not willing to take a 10k loss in 6 months of ownership only. Only thing I’m wondering is if the dealers that are asking msrp or close to msrp for lightly used 1-2 year old 1le’s are actually getting it. I’m willing to take a loss unlike most of the folks trying to sell their cars in the classifieds section here, just not 10k in 6 months (trade in value for my 23 with 1700 miles). If it doesn’t happen then I’ll just go as planned and track my 1le across America as that is why I bought it.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote