View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 12:44 PM   #3
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Round 2. Trying not to overload any single post.

Unlike the big buck custom Trans Am Depot cars, the body ZTA Kit is a little different. TA Depot custom makes their Fascias from CF hand lay-up's. Nose bleed expensive and unforgiving if bumped.
The ZTA Fascias are RIM made on Aluminum Tooling designed by the Woodward Shop owner. So they are flexible like what is on our cars. I was impressed on the initial quality and attention to detail - almost zero flash and just scuff them up to be painted.
The hood is quality fiberglass, not like the cheap old racing stuff which flexs all over and fits terribly.
The Fenders are stock stampings, restamped for the Extractors.
Other parts are Injection or Blow Molded - ZTA Spoiler, Shaker Scoop, Tail Light Housings, Side and Rear Qtr extractors, Bezels, etc.

All parts need Paint. My donor car's Paint is so nice I just need to buff what does not get replaced - Roof, Doors, and Quarters. And remove the White factory? stripe, heat gun I suppose.

I am used to spraying PPG, but am going with Tamco which has everything needed at a reasonable price. So lot's to buy:
GM Onyx Black 41/GBA/8555, Clearcoat, 2k Primer, Reducer, Flex Additive, Fish Eye eliminator, prep cleaners. And some 55/7015 Snowflake Gold for maybe stripes, or Trim Pieces.

I will paint all of the panels and pieces after trial fitting everything.
Not sure about the Bandit stripes direction yet, either custom Air Brush all the stripes, or buy a complete Phoenix Graphics "Ultimate Bandit" kit and cut up the premolded stripes to fit. I want it to look JUST LIKE my Bandit, within the confines of the Camaro Body. I'll figure it out.

A trial fit of the Bandit Hood Bird Decal does seem to fit the Camaro hood, although the Camaro Hood is shorter and wider. So I can go that route, or custom paint a Bird. Traced a template off of my Bandit to assess this.
And took lots of Bandit Pics as reference, included some in this post for fun. Will eventually move the "other" Camaro into the House Garage and pull the Bandit up next to the Conversion to do side by side assessments.

I basically want to keep this project Stock from a Drivetrain and Chassis standpoint, maybe some LT's and Exhaust down the road. Also maybe some Rocker Panels, and different Diffuser to round it out. Undecided on Wheels - prob large Snowflakes would be best, or painted Z28's. Not sure yet.
Having fun so far!
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote