View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 11:08 AM   #17
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Yesterday had a old neighbor friend stop buy and we pulled off the Hood and Deck Lid. Straight forward job, Nuts, Clips, Electrical connection, and Wash Bottle Hose. Geez fellow Members. that Air Intake Tube with its (3) silencer protrusions is Butt Ugly. In general, the LS Engines and Engine Bay is not pretty, but with the cover and some Bling add on's it can be whipped into shape.
Unbolted the Spoiler off the Rear Deck, it was stuck until I saw a little plastic barbed push pin near one of the nuts, just knocked it off with a screwdriver and hammer. Not really needed, prob a factory quick alignment thing to locate the Spoiler.
Then pryed off the SS and Chevy Bowtie Emblems. SS Emblem was easy, the Bowtie was not and gotta be careful not to scratch the Paint when getting under it to pry it off. Used a Bondo Hand Applicator for protection and a putty knife. Then getting the 3M adhesive off was endless, lots of Mineral Spirits and scraping.
Now have to steam off the Deck White Stripes, and assess the paint. This may need to be repainted for best results, depends on what I see after getting off the stripes. A number of scratch's but will try to polish everything out, if it sucks it will get painted like the Hood.

As for the Spoiler, it was a option and I bought it. Hmmm... It is nice, and def has a great profile, but I am thinking now that a "Dove Tail" type of spoiler with the end "Winglets" is more Trans Am-ish. I need to noodle this over - keep it, or sell it and get a Dove Tail?
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote