View Single Post
Old 02-25-2024, 05:01 PM   #21
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Got the "Honey Do's " out of the way this morning and off to the barn to get a little done on the project.
I want my Shaker Sccop Funtional. The best solution is to pull intake air flow out the back of the Scoop, that would actuate the flapper plate versus some solenoid set up.
So the initial plan is to draw the intake air from the scoop opening through the RH bottom of the scoop, then through a fabricated 4" aluminum/silicone pipe cobbled into the stock Air Box. I would block off the snorkel in the Air box. And also either eliminate the (3) noise baffles on the pipe at the TB, or buy a replacement pipe like Air Raid or something. All 4" Dia plumbing, same as stock. The final restriction is the Throttle Body Diameter, so any plumbing must flow enough to satisfy this.
It looks like it is tight to fit a ovalized 4" flattened aluminum pipe spliced into the bottom of the Stock Air box, and then get it up and over the Engine Cover, but that is the plan. A silicone 45 or 90 degree elbow would provide some flex as the engine rocks under acceleration, and then ovalize anorther aluminum 4" section and tie that into the Shaker Base. The concept is like the Pic from the Web, but the U-Tube Video shows vacuum is not the way to actuate it. No idea where that fabbed interconnect came from, but it is the concept of what I want to accomplish with my plan.
I got the flapper plate in the Scoop to operate properly with some safety wire tied into the clevis on the inside of the flapper, just enough tension to keep the door shut, and index fully open, hopefully under acceleration. More to come.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote