View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM   #25
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Yeah - got my Paint today.
Was watching a guy named "PHARRAWAY" on You Tube, and he is a good painter, and was using Tamco Products. There are many outlets now selling Paint, other than your local Painters Supply. So I checked out Tamco and was impressed with their product. They had the correct GM BC/CC Black at a reasonable price, as well as their other products.

So talked to a paint rep who made recommendations on Painting RIM Fascias, Fiberglass Hood, Plastic parts, etc. The guy knew his stuff. So I ordered everything but Paint Cups, Tape, Protective Paper, etc - that is Amazon.

Even purchased a small trial bottle of premixed Snowflake Gold. Will spray some of that on the Engine Cover Wings to see how it stacks up against the $20 Rattle Can SF Gold.

This is gonna remind me of painting that Camaro '73, and some parts on my "Other" Camaro, but hopefully WAY easier. I painted those Valve Covers using Black Acrylic Urethane, followed with Alsa Blue, Purple, and Silver Pearl Flake, and finally tinted with some black in Clear Coat. They "pop" in the sun.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote